Sunday, July 14, 2024

Blogophilia 3.16: Moving Day

Blogophilia group on Facebook HERE

Blog topic parameters & how it works HERE

Hard Bonus: Use a Steven Tyler lyric or quote

Easy Bonus: Incorporate a favorite pair of shoes

A couple boxheads

It feels like it’s always Moving Day even if we’re not moving to a different place… We’re always rearranging, and got behind on unpacking due to the squatter who refused to help out… We’re hoping to have successful yard sales so we can recover some funds then make our bills. On the flip side, our neighbors are planning a block party so that should be fun.

Life gets crazy, frustrating, maddening, etc. My shoulder is still bothering me, and spent 30 minutes in an MRI machine, which made it hurt bad… so maybe it’s a good thing I’m not slotted for tonight’s concert. All of this is just nuts… “Seems like the light at the end of the tunnel may be you.”
― Steven Tyler, Does the Noise in My Head Bother You? 

Hmm, this makes sense… we can have our supporters who are all great, but, we have to bring ourselves to the next checkpoint, finish line, etc.

I’ve had different shoes that I have loved over the years, like the cute denim shoes or moccasins or the Reeboks I had for almost 10 years… but at the end of the day, my favorite is NONE. I like bare feet. It’s the way I used to dance with my son when he was a baby, and sing to him. I seem to remember Steven Tyler saying something in an interview after The Voice or American Idol about ‘never tell someone they should never sing, because they might get too self conscious, and what about when they have children? There’s nothing more beautiful than a mother singing to her child’ – I couldn’t find it, but wanted to share this one. I just loved when my boy started singing with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment