Saturday, April 16, 2011

FINALLY!!!! An April's Law Update!

WOOT! Okay, sorry to have a party here w/o inviting people sooner, but, this is huge news, and I think it's exciting.

Representative Mason is putting the final touches on April's Law Wisconsin, to ensure that kidnapping for intent to molest children gets added into the current draft, and will hopefully be introducing it to the Assembly later this month. This is VERY exciting to begin with.

And now, even MORE on the good news, up and up, Senator Wangaard's office FINALLY contacted me about April's Law Wisconsin, and wants to set up a meeting in the first part of May.

I'd sent him a message through one of these other sites, and got this automated message back from him:

Thank you for contacting my office. I appreciate that you wrote to me to express your concerns. Please be assured that my staff and I are reading every email we receive. We are still working through a backlog of emails from the budget repair bill, but we will review your email as soon as possible.

Regards,

Van Wanggaard
Wisconsin State Senator
Senate District 21—Serving Racine County

My response back was:

In reading every email, please ensure that you get back to me ASAP as for the April's Law draft that I've emailed to you several times. My home phone is 262-xxx-xxxx - we ought to do a meeting to talk about protecting our children from sex predators on and off line.

From J the legislative assistant:

Hello Ms. S,
I'd be happy to set up a meeting in Madison with Senator Wanggaard. We are currently scheduling for the first and second week of May on our calendar--you can give our office a call at (608) xxx-xxxx to set up a meeting or email me with some dates that work for you. The Senator is typically at the Capitol Tuesday-Thursday every week.
Thank you!
J
Legislative Aide
Office of Senator Wanggaard

So, I'm shooting for Monday, May 2, for an afternoon coffee/tea. I'm looking forward to it, and well, lets hope all goes well to get April's Law Wisconsin into the law books! Thanks for all supporters of April's Law, even if in concept only. For now, I'm happier than pie. WOOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment