Tuesday, October 11, 2011

April's Law Hearing!

Exciting news, everyone!

AB-136, aka April's Law Wisconsin, is being heard in the Committee on Criminal Justice and Corrections! We need as many people as possible to either come to the hearing or to submit their written testimony to support this piece of Legislation.

The hearing will take place on Wednesday, October 19,2011 @ 9:30am in room 300 Northeast State Capitol. Let me know if you'd like to carpool.

Just to let you know, the Racine County Sheriff's office is also supporting this.

If you can't make it, please send me an email, so I can submit it - lika.yvi@gmail.com or you may send it to the members of the Committee on Criminal Justice & Corrections, which is hearing the Bill to vote on it. Here is a list of those who are on the committee. Please remember to have add your name and pertinent info, and thank them for their time.

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/w3asp/commpages/IndividualCommittee.aspx?commid=496

I'm hoping to get as many people or letters in, because the more support we have, the better chance it has to come to a vote rather than dropped on the floor.

Thank you all for your kind support, and please don't forget to submit your letters for support, and if you can, please join me at the hearing! Just to ensure that we will be there on time, I'll probably be leaving around 6:30AM to ensure I can be there, because it looks as if AB-136 is the first billing for this hearing.

Please keep me posted! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment