Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Our Japan Trip #2

In case you didn't get to read my last blog, this is a series of blogs about my recent trip to Japan.  Here is the link to my last one, in case you're interested.  My sister was nice enough to take my son and I to a trip to Japan, mostly because he's nearing end of life issues.



We spent a part of 2 days visiting with my cousin, Izumo and her family.  Once was with just her, and another was with her husband and their two lovely daughters. We had done a lot, so I will only post select pictures I think might be of interest, or at least to me, they are interesting.

My cousin Izumo and her husband.

I must say, my cousin Izumo is probably one of the sweetest people I know, and her husband is super nice.  I am glad they are happy together, and they are such an awesome couple.  Of course, we gave them stuff, one is a Wisconsin Blue Book (I ended up with 2, and she is active in her political party, so I figured this would be interesting for her.

Anyway, the first time, she met us at the Edo/Tokyo Museum, a favorite of hers and her sister Macomo to visit.  So, of course, I had to get a few pictures, no matter how neat or silly or what have you...  My favorite parts were the WWII technology, which included the type of cars they used during that time period, along with some other cultural buildings, like the type of housing the Emperor lived in, and some other interesting cultural stuff.

I am so tiny in comparison...
 Obviously, I am not ferocious looking.  At all.


 A layout of what towns/cities looked like, back in the feudal days


This is a miniature replica of a tatami room, and would be for hosting get togethers.


A life size replica of a helmet/head gear for warriors.


One of those festival things, where you twist it back and forth.




A Japanese WWII era pick up truck.  Old vehicles are cool looking, aren't they?


Life size robe, worn back in the day.


No, this is NOT a Ford or Chevy.  I just love the way this car looks.


Almost resembles a VW Bug, but is NOT. Neat, isn't it?




OLD fuel pump, probably diesel, and is a real pump, not replicate.


Me, being silly, or maybe I'm waiting for the horse.


Of course, I can't seem to get this bike to go anywhere. Hmm.


Finally...  Chad, giving his mom a ride.

It was a very interesting museum, mostly because I've been to the museums around here, in S.E. WI and in the Greater Chicago area.  There is still so much to learn, but, because this is new to me, it was interesting.

The next time we went out with my cousin, we went out with the whole family, and they are just the nicest people!  We went on a relaxing fishing excursion, as well as a boat ride.  Very nice day with really nice people.

My cousin's daughters.  Very nice young people.  They also caught the only 2 fish from our group...  Go figure, huh?


Chad, putting fish food on the hook.


See the green ball?  That is the fish food. 


The fish that were coming around begging for food were off limits. So we had to swing the hooks out there.  I think it's more for relaxation, than for actual fishing.  All fish get tossed back.


The older of the two daughters smiling for the camera.  The younger to the left, and me and my crazy self at the far end, and my cousin's husband on this end.


Not so exciting, but, I have to say, it is a nice way to spend time outdoors, and a good way to chill out.  It's not a big pond, though it was fun to feed the fish.

The boat ride was also relaxing, and of course, I love to be by any body of water, whether it is a lake, great lake, ocean, or river.  Nice to have these times to be able to spend with family, relatives, and friends, to be able to bond and reminisce of life in general.

 From left - Cousin in law, younger daughter Akane, older daughter Momoka.


My son Chad with his Aunt Megi, my sister


Me, with my cousin Izumo.


Izumo and her husband, a really cool person.


My sister, and cousin Izumo


Going under a bridge, where others are celebrating a festival.


gliding down the river, checking out the sites.


Different tall buildings.


Tall buildings, even here, by the river.


Look at how close to the water some of these sky scrapers are.


Just showing the different types of tall buildings, and that they are very close to the river.

Thank you again, for obliging me, and this boat ride was so relaxing, I think many of us napped through at least part of the ride.  But was interesting, very smooth, and we followed it up with lunch with my cousin and her family.  It's been such a long time, and I have missed my relatives.

Tomorrow, I will be following it up with time spent with another cousin, Macomo, who is Izumo's younger sister.  Macomo is the salsa dance teacher, and I think that is such a fun sounding job, and how she must love it so much!  Please stay tuned...


No comments:

Post a Comment