Friday, August 5, 2016

Elections, Candidates, and Why This Curious Mind Wants to Know...

As I've stated in the past, I have been active with the election and campaigning process for a very long time.  It is fun for me to participate in this action, as well as gratifying to be an activated advocate.  The biggest reason being that I just love the way our Founding Fathers have laid it out as a governmental system run BY the people FOR the people.  To me, it represents the fact that ordinary, regular, everyday people like us get to speak to our elected officials, and voice our concerns, support, and even suggest what kind of law to be maid.  I am most definitely dating myself, but, here is my hard work in action, and while it died in committee due to a study that didn't finish before the 2 year legislative session, I was proud of myself for being able to push it to the point of being heard in the Committee for Criminal Justice & Corrections.

Please click for the article:  The Force Behind April's Law Wisconsin 

In any case, I just love the Preamble for The Constitution:


The 1st 3 words speaks for it all...  "We the people"...  This reminds me of the song I Got the Power which rings true for every American citizen...

Okay, sorry, I digress...  Thanks for bearing with me.

Because voting at every election is very important to me, because these are the events that shape the direction of where our country, state, county, and municipality will be going for the next 2-6 years, depending on how long each term is.  I encourage everyone to vote at all elections, even small primaries, because the decisions at these primaries will decide who is on the ballot for the general election, which will pick the person to represent us in what ever political position they are running for.  So, if anything, please pay attention to what is going on at home.

I, on the other hand, am interested in what goes on all over the country, and some election races are more important than others.  Sometimes it's because of the issues.  Other times it's the candidates.  This election run, a specific candidate (out of my voting arena) grabbed my interest.  You probably already know...  The professional wrestler named #Rhyno, whose real name is Terrance Guido Gerin, is running for state representative in Dearborn, MI - part of the Greater Detroit area.

I have to admit, I'm really not a huge fan of supporting celebrities who run for office.  When Arnold Schwarzenegger and Donald Trump ran for office, I had a few of those eye-roll moments where I think I showed up a group of teenagers being lectured by the neighborhood eccentric about behaving...  I still can't believe Trump made it this far...  There were so many other Republican candidates who would have been so much better qualified...  Arnold was pretty unremarkable as the governor of California.  It was cool to have a real live action figure in office, but, for me, there wasn't too much of interest after that.

On the other hand, when Clint Eastwood and Jesse "The Body" Ventura ran for their respective offices, I was curious, because both of them have their intellectual aspects that is extraordinary even in the everyday world without the fact that they are famous for their acting, and Jesse as an athlete as well.  I especially appreciate the fact that Jesse Ventura ran under a 3rd party, and won.  He ran as a part of the Independence Party, which was previously called the Reform Party.  I found that very interesting, and very neat.  (You see, as a tame rebel myself, I love when people "break the rules" and do it their way, and succeed; and it's actually LEGAL)!

Okay, okay, sorry...  I'm famous for going on tangents...  Back to Rhyno the Wrestler who is running for office...  Anyway, what intrigues me is the fact that I would have NEVER pegged him as a candidate.  So, when I heard the news, of course, I had to investigate.  I read up on him in as many venues as possible, to ensure that I pick up even the smallest piece of information because he piqued my interest as to why he took such a huge leap from doing extreme wrestling to running for state assembly.


What I can gather from what I have read, and I think I'm mostly correct in my assessment of him, is while Mr. Terrance Gerin is a self admitted workaholic, I think he has this urge to want to be a people pleaser and wants to do it in the best ways as possible.  Just like Madonna wants the whole planet to love her, Terrance Gerin wants everyone to be proud of him for doing a good job for them.  It interests me further, that as the character, Rhyno, he is a tough force to be reckoned with, more like Mother Nature, while as the person, he comes across more like an eager Father Time, in my opinion.  I say this because he wants to stay on the active roster for WWE as a wrestler, while busting his chops as an elected official.

The Michigan primary was on August 2, 2016, and Mr. Gerin won the Republican ticket against several other contestants.  He is now gearing up for the general election in November, where we have one of the most heated presidential race to date in this country.  I believe that since presidential elections always bring in the biggest crowd, he has a better chance of winning his seat because of this.  I also think that after being elected, that you will see he will be the change this country needs, because of his dedication to his hometown and the fact that he loves being American, and being a hometown hero, who truly has his best interests in his community.  I think he is going to be awesome, in the true sense of the word.  I just wish all other candidates had his passion for our country and community as well.


To tie his passion and love for his work and for the elected position, his campaign slogan is, "Vote for Rhino; he will fight for you".  Perfect.

Here is a telephone interview, courtesy of Syma Chowdhry, an Emmy Award winning reporter and fill-in anchor for Detroit News station WXYZ-TV:  Rhyno Speaks to WXYZ-TV
He is running for Michigan's 15th district for State Representative.

To stay in the loop, please like his facebook page:  Vote for Rhino 

Or if you're on Twitter:  Rhyno313 

To support the campaign directly:  Terrance Guido Gerin for State Rep 

Or buy a T-Shirt as a souvenir and support the campaign at the same time:  Pro Wrestling Tees 

No comments:

Post a Comment