Wednesday, December 7, 2016

What I Made 4 Area Veterans in Need

Okay, so I let everyone know that I made these blankets for our veterans, and I’m hoping it will be acceptable. You see, I got my sewing machine almost 3 years ago, I think... I had never really used one before, so, I literally had to learn from the beginning, and since I couldn’t afford lessons, it was learning by trial and error, and I’m still a work in progress... My items are not necessarily perfect, but, they do have my “signature” of the types of mistakes on it... But, I figure, hey, these are to be used practically, not saved for special occasions, so, here we go.
Here are the 12 blankets I made.


Blanket 1, side 1




Blanket 1, Side 2

Blanket 2, Side 1

Blanket 2, Side 2

Blanket 3, Side1

Blanket 3, Side 2

Blanket 4, Side 1

Blanket 4, Side 2

Blanket 5, Side 1

Blanket 5, Side 2

Blanket 6, Side 1

Blanket 6, Side 2





Blanket 7, Side 1

Blanket 7, Side 2

Blanket 8, Side 1

Blanket 8, Side 2

Blanket 9, Side 1

Blanket 9, Side 2

Blanket 10, Side 1

Blanket 10, Side 2

Blanket 11, Side 1

Blanket 11, Side 2

Blanket 12, Side 1

Blanket 12, Side 2

I’m not posting this to be attention seeking, but, with all of the work I’ve been doing, I just wanted to be able to show these off. Hope you don’t mind. Thanks for indulging me, as I gifted these to the Veteran’s Outreach Center earlier today. I also wrote a nice letter to go with each one, hoping that it will help make a difference. I’m just one person, whose skills are nowhere near perfect, but just want to share to spread the happy-go-round. 
Most of these were materials I had on hand, whether found, bought at a fabric store or discount store, or cut up old shirts & jeans, so, if you are thinking ‘hey, these all look like different sizes/shapes’, you are observant and correct... I let the fabric tell me what size they wanted to be. I know... I’m weird. But, no 2 will ever be quite the same, and are as unique as each person receiving one of these... So, I hope they like them.
But, this is what I’m wondering, though, I did not make this but donated anyway, because I don’t understand this concept of being a blanket and a robe at the same time...


Packer blanket with arms?

What is the meaning of these arm holes? A Cheesehead special?

Anyway, I did not give them my name, though they did give me a donation slip. I don’t make enough to make the deduction, so I’m not filling it out. But, I would like to encourage people to make donations for personal care items, food pantry items, games for the community room, or money to help buy things they need like towels and toiletries or what ever they need. The address:
The Veteran’s Outreach Center; 1634 Yout Street; Racine, WI 53404 or go to their website for more information: http://vetsoutreachwi.us/

No comments:

Post a Comment