Saturday, January 28, 2017

Chinese New Year - International Style

So, today is the Chinese New Year, I didn't have the crisis line, so, here is what I made to celebrate, international style, and vegetarian friendly. Of course, again, I do not have a kitchen, I have a science lab that brings out good things to eat.  It's all about celebration here, in Racine, WI.


1st (appetizer?) course: Lettuce salad with celery, dried cranberries, raisins, and walnuts, with an Asian sesame dressing.
 
 
 

2nd (main) course: Baked 4 cheese ravioli with diced tomatoes seasoned with mild red pepper, minced green bell pepper, garlic, salt, pepper, parsley and fresh basil; topped with Malicki brand mozzarella cheese. It was delicious.
 
 
 

3rd (dessert) course: Anasazi beans, from Adobe Milling, which I cooked low and slow until a soup type consistency with sugar, and mochi added to give it a meaty type texture. In Japan, it would be made from dry red beans, but, I figured if this one is good for the ancient Native Americans, it's good for me, too.
 
 
 

We have enough to have lunch for all of us tomorrow, so, that makes me happy. I love my home made inventions...  And to think we eat from around the world, on a regular basis at my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment