Sunday, July 23, 2017

Why? Because We Ought To!

When good people fail to see how gross and disgusting this is, because "children are resilient" or that it isn't so bad because one isn't dead or permanently disabled so it can't be considered heinous... You are siding with the abuser(s) and contributing to the continuing abuses that happen everywhere...
This is why I do what I do. Why I started Youth Voice Initiative. Why I must educate people. Why I must talk to my legislators. Why I get on my soap box and rant, blog, or update my status. Why it is important for me to ask people to help out.
Sometimes I think it is lame that victims and survivors of sex or any other types of abuse only have me, to speak up to our leaders about this issue. There are no other 501c4's out there that I am aware of, whose sole purpose is to tighten up to protect these children, to reduce the number of us who have to recover from our childhoods... When I pursue other activities such as a job, or hobby, or what have you... I keep getting pointed right back to this. To be in the jungle of those who need their voices heard, but too broken to have it heard... I stand here. I've asked why me. But the answer was why not me. So here I go.
I am one person. But one person can make a big difference. Back in 2011, I got April's Law Wisconsin to be drafted, introduced to the Assembly, and heard by the Committee for Criminal Justice and Corrections up in Madison. It never made it past this point. But. I got this up here, with thanks to former Senator John Lehman for drafting it. For Representative Cory Mason for introducing it to the assembly. And to Representative Robin Vos for supporting it... If I, just me, got this up this far... Think what can be done, if more people would add their talents, whether it's to write a letter, or pass around a petition, or what ever it may be... I have full faith that we could put it through, all the way, and all the way up to the top... I will never give up. Never quit. As long as I have breath in my lungs, and a voice in my mouth, I will carry on.
This is why I am asking you to support #LikasLaw4Wisconsin by signing this petition: Lika's Law 4 Wisconsin

No comments:

Post a Comment