Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Are We There Yet?

Photobucket

Hello, folks! Thank you for bearing with me. It's been busy for Youth Voice Initiative and for myself so far since school got out, but that is okay.

*UPDATE* I went to a local hearing about the tavern called the Blind Alligator, which is less than a full block away from where I live, only 4.5 blocks away from an elementary school, had a hearing to get it's liquor license pulled. I was at the City Council hearing where I'd testified that I'd seen prostitutes hanging in the doorway and such. This particular place was open from 6am - 2am, and others testified about garbage, drug deals, and being propositioned. The judicial committee recommended that the liquor license be revoked, and City Council revoked it, and they are now closed. *A success to help keep our youth innocent!*

School is out, so keeping my 10 year old busy has been our goal, and with back yard marshmallow roasts, tomato plantings, grilling, friends, baseball and more, we've been doing well keeping the summer lull at bay. Mid July, the church kid's camp will go 4 weeks, so that will help. Then in August, we take our trips. In between field trips to flea markets, grandma's, and other activities have helped too.

Last week, I was interviewed for a radio show in my area off of WGTD or 91.1 FM out of Gateway Technical College in Kenosha, WI. I was interviewed by Morris Reece, a show host for a program called Community Matters. It aired this last Saturday, June 19, 2010 from 11:15-Noon. When I get the archive, I will update this blog with the show. It went well on how sex abuse victims can find strength to become survivors and use their voice to become thrivers and help others.

Mike C. and I have also been networking with neighbors, who will be inviting their families out to help sign the paper version of April's Law Wisconsin petition as well. This Saturday is the cookout. Wish us luck.

I've also been very busy contacting my area legislators, and I have an appointment this up coming Monday, June 28, 2010 @ 9:30am to push April's Law. April's Law is very important. It is the first one of it's kind as an internet law, to help end legal pedophile websites that are currently legal under the First Amendment of Free Speech. It will also help our children from sex predators on and offline. There has been a law suit attempt by a registered sex offender on me, as well as fraud reports filed by real and potential offenders. Even if it's putting my good name in jeopardy, I do not care. This is for the children, and I WILL protect them if my life depends on it.

There are two petitions that are out, one for the federal version of the April's Law Petition and for the State version called April's Law Wisconsin. I also have a paper version going, and I need all of you to sign both petitions, especially the state version. If you've already signed it, thank you. If not, please sign. Please keep passing it around, and it's very important that we get this passed this time.

I am also asking for help for a fellow advocate in humanity, who is a child activist, humanitarian, and so much more... Mama Serene is in need of visiting her ailing father, and needs funds to go do so. She is auctioning/selling Original Beatles Music printed in 1963, as well as gorgeous original signed artwork which is totally amazing. Serene is very talented and has an eye for good pieces. Please help support her by bidding/buying her collectibles. You won't be sorry you have them. She helps others by buying original jewels, pottery and more from other countries, where single moms and families can earn a living with what she pays them for their collectibles. Serene then turns and hosts auctions to help non-profits that combat abuse such as rape, child abuse, domestic violence, and more. She most definitely has earned the title of Mama, since she helps earth's children get to a better place.

I bid you peace, and please don't forget to sign the petitions. It's for the children... Please sign April's Law Wisconsin and share the petition with your friends. Come one, come all, lets protect our precious future. If we can't speak out, who will? I've been working hard gathering signatures, information, pestering legislators, going to conferences, meetings and more to ensure that this gets pushed, all on my own personal dollar. Won't you take a minute to put your signature in there? There is an option to remain anonymous. I'd appreciate it if you would help keep our children safe. Thank you.

can you hear me now? Pictures, Images and Photos

Because getting April's Law passed would be music to my ears!

Your Recipes for Today:
Ranch Chicken:
Your favorite chicken parts such as legs, thighs, breasts, leg quarters, etc... take skin off. In a baking pan, marinade in Ranch Dressing, at least a half hour.
Grill to perfection.

Zesty Mashed Potatoes:
6-8 potatoes, peeled and quartered. A medium onion, cut up. 2 garlic cloves. Boil potatoes with onion & garlic til fork tender. Drain water. Place back in pot, add 1/4 cup milk, 1/4 cup butter/margarine, 1/2 cup sour cream, salt and pepper to taste. Tasty!

Fresh green beans:
1.5# green beans. Take tips and string them. Rinse. Bring pot of water to a boil. Add salt. When boiling rapidly, dump the green beans. Boil 2-3 minutes, drain. Place back into pot, add 1/4 cup butter/margarine, salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment