Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Recipe Blog...

I remember the blogs where I'd used to tell a story, and add a recipe to accompany the blog. I've not been doing many recipe blogs lately, so I think I'll start them again. Since Huck wanted to have something affordable as well as healthy, this blog is dedicated to him, and it's a great winter dish, for anyone. I will post with variations.


Five hour beef stew:

2#'s stewing beef, cubed. 6 carrots & 3 potatoes cut in chunks. 1 large onion, diced. 5 stalks celery, sliced. 2.5 cups stewed tomatoes. 1 TBSP sugar. 4 TBSP tapioca. Salt and pepper to taste.


Place all ingredients in baking dish, cover, bake 5 hours @ 250F. No peeking!


Lika's variation:

Substitute a cheep roast or steak, such as a chuck roast or round steak. Cube into large bite sized pieces. Reduce the number of carrots down to 2 or 3, skip the sugar, and peel & cut a rutabaga into the stew. Cook as directed.



No comments:

Post a Comment