Sunday, April 20, 2014

Golden Age of Music: Blogophilia 9.7

Marvin Martian's blog - to get the poop scoop on the rules and how to score points - https://www.facebook.com/notes/marvin-martian/blogophilia-week-97-golden-age-of-music/722358117785408?comment_id=7216063&offset=0&total_comments=24&notif_t=note_reply

Bonus Points:
(Hard, 2 points) Incorporate a quote from Charles Babbage
(Easy, 1 point) Include a lyric from a Bruno Mars song  

I have always loved music.  I remember, even as a small child, that I would pretend that I was a star, using jump ropes, winter scarves, etc as props and any room in the house, including the bathroom, was my stage.  Of course, in public, I've always been a lot shyer, but, regardless, music was so integrated and ingrained into my life, I really don't think it can be separated from me.  As a product of being a teen in the 80's, in many ways, that's MY version of the golden age of music.  The group called Dead or Alive is my favorite, and who can't love this song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkLZAdXiBgI

But, of course, C.C. would argue with Wiki when they say that the 40's-60's is the golden age of music, because of course classical music is the foundation of all music, as we know it in the Western hemisphere.  Of them, I say it's Mozart is a genius, musically.  Here is a sample.  Mozart's Clarinet Concerto -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oNnugi3yLU

But then, for our country, I'd say that Jazz/Big Band was a form of a musical golden age, and who doesn't like Benny Goodman?  This Sing, Sing, Sing With A Swing, with the Christopher Columbus drum intro is my ultimate favorite.  I just love that introduction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft9_8PX-6ps

Anyway, just to bounce off of my rant blog from yesterday, I had decided to get into the Health Unit Coordinator program, because it seemed as if they are on the rise in the health field, and with some of my bad luck as a patient, I wanted to be able to help others not have to go through the rigor.  Now, I'm not so sure how much is out there, but, I am holding out for hope, I did not bust butt this far just to let it go.  No way.  In the words of Charles Babbage, "Errors using inadequate data are much less than using no data at all".  I got that advice from Trevor, and I like to finish what I started.

But, of course, Nina always likes to sing Bruno Mars with the line of "I'll be the light to guide you", and she sure knows how to show her friends support!




Breakfast At Tiffany's
Breakfast At Tiffany's




In this artsy place, Bettie likes this picture of romance, as if she were in an Italian Restaurant.  Or maybe she just likes the view having breakfast at Tiffany's.

No comments:

Post a Comment