Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Politics, Issues, and the Rants of an Advocate...

It is that time again, where the candidates are out, with their many volunteers in hopes of winning the midterm election.  For those who may not know what midterm elections are, these are the ones that are half way between the Presidential elections, which happen every 4 years, on the same years as Leap Year, and the midterms are those that follow half way through each of these elections, being two years after/before.

I encourage everyone to let their voices be heard:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjZ4APD6k7E

Because I am a peon, a home-care aid, thus very financially poor, and we all know that money talks, and regardless if I have the best ideas, highest work ethic, or cause, it's automatically bull-shit because I can't stuff the pocket linings of those elected.  But, I'm going to say it anyway:

"Dear Elected Officials and Hopefuls,
As a natural born American citizen and a voting constituent, when you are going through your campaigns, please refrain from using smear campaigns, telling us why we should not vote for the other guy (or gal, or whomever).  Yes, I know that your opponent is either a first time runner or how the other appears to be a lifer in the political arena.  If there are scandals, I've already heard of them.  I don't need my eyeballs rubbed in these messy messages, that leaves me nowhere to change my decision.  I expect you, as someone who is going to run my proud state of Wisconsin, to be serious and professional while you are running my affairs.

No, I can't donate money to your campaign.  I work my buns off for chicken feed taking care of your elderly parents, grandparents, disabled aunts and uncles who can't do much for themselves.  You, as a professional, have decided that some how, while you insist on having high quality care for your relatives, that this type of job is beneath you, therefore, doesn't deserve the pay.  In the mean time, while I get chicken feed for pay, because any of my clientele, who I dedicate myself to give them the care I would expect for myself, can't get full time hours nor benefits because we cannot guaranty our hours.  You see, because I take care of your relatives at home, while you have the satisfaction that I am giving professional and quality care to your family members, you will be receiving Cadillac insurance plans that I cannot afford for myself, even though my tax money is paying for yours.

Since I am just one person, I know that this probably won't make a difference to you, because issues like whether or not to lift minimum wage to $10.10 or to freeze it for the time being doesn't affect you, nor your family, nor your income.  I am just one person, but, I am a very vocal one person.  I vote.  I encourage everyone else to vote.  I don't worry if others are voting the same way I am.  I vote my conscience, and I expect other voters to do the same.  I am also a child advocate with a cause, called Youth Voice Initiative.  Here is the link - https://sites.google.com/site/youthvoiceinitiative/home

In the past, I've put forth ideas to protect child victims of abuse, particularly sex abuse.  Even though my efforts put a draft on the floor and died in committee, I've noticed over the years since then, bits and pieces of that particular piece have been put forth and passed, with those introducing it taking full credit.  That is fine.  Take the credit to boost your ratings.  You're getting elected, I am not.  As long as we are moving toward protecting abused children, I am not concerned if I get the credit.

What I DO ask of you, if you are looking for my vote, and the undecided & eligible voters that I come in contact with, is to please, with all sincerity, run a clean campaign.  No smearing.  I am not alone in wanting to hear why we should vote for you, as opposed to why we shouldn't vote "for the other guy".  I don't care who started it.  You are an adult, and making decisions about taxes, education, Wisconsin programs, health care including reproductive issues, fair workplace, and most other aspects of things that directly affect me and/or the people I know personally.  If you are not mature enough to run a clean campaign, you are not mature enough to represent me on the local, state nor federal levels of politics.  Whom ever runs a smear campaign, will force me to write myself in for that particular position, if I'm eligible.

Thank you for listening, in advance.  (I hope)"

Sincerely yours,

Lika (Saliscente) Phipps

"p.s.  The same also goes for following standard 'follow the leader' type decisions.  If you are not independent enough to follow what you, yourself believes as a legislator, you are not independent enough to be my decision maker in politics."


I am giving my readers in the same district permission, if they so feel that there are no candidates worth voting for, that they are able to use my name.  While no, I'm not officially running.  I am doing this out of protest, and all are welcome in joining with me, if you so desire.  If you are happy with your choices, great!  Go vote, and more power to you!  For those of you who are feeling as if you don't count, it is especially important that you also vote, because the more of us that vote, the more of us they have to listen to.  They can't ignore all of us.  Just remember, there are ways you can get to the polls, and even if it means you have to ask for a ride, there are free rides available.  If they are too busy, let me know, I'll take you myself.  Don't worry if you're voting different from me.  The important thing is, go vote.  Bring a neighbor with you.  We've got the power, use it.  This is a Republic/Democracy, and the system works better when we all use it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_Umwecg07c

If your neighbor didn't vote yet, and is disabled, give that person a ride or walk to the polls anyway.  Can't get in, because it's not handicapped accessible?  That's okay.  Someone has to come out to allow that person to vote.  It has to be done, no one can be turned away.  Never voted?  Bring your photo ID, proof of address (lease/mortgage, a recurring bill such as your WE Energies bill, and just to be safe, your S.S. card for signature purposes).



Education = FreedomEducation = Freedom



Don't know who to vote for?  Look them up.  Still don't know?  Ask your neighbors.  Ask your friends.  Ask your family.  Ask anybody, who they're voting for and why.  Make your own decision.  Still can't justify voting for them?  Well, you can always write my very own name.

This sums it up. This is why I encourage everyone to vote.



Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment