Sunday, July 10, 2016

My Cousin Wedded:

James and Breeyn, sharing a kiss after cutting the cake.



Yesterday, my cousin Breeyn married the love of her life, James. From what I understand, even from siblings of both the bride (Caelyn and Logan) AND groom, they are meant for each other. And, it’s neat that the parents and family of the bride took James into the family, while at the same time, the parents and family of the groom took her in as one of their own. I was overjoyed, as I was speaking to the groom’s mother, Diana, that she was honored to “finally have a daughter” (she has 3 sons). For both sets of parents, it’s the oldest children who married, and it’s the first wedding of all of their kids. It’s neat.
Anyway, it may seem weird, I don’t know, but, Sean is my oldest cousin, and I remember always looking up to him somehow, and maybe someday, I’ll explain a little bit how he had “rescued” me from a couple of silly predicaments I got myself into. But, it’s just one of these things where the rest of us cousins are a few years younger, and at the same time, the rest of us are in a close age range of 4 years with 6 of us in that 4 year span. So, you can imagine what could happen at family gatherings with just a small gesture by Sean, and the rest of us would push the limits from there... Breeyn, his daughter, is the 1st grandchild for our family. Also the 1st great grandchild for our grandparents. So, attending this wedding is kind of a milestone for the extended family as well.


Jennifer, myself, Sean, Kristen, and Jerry

Two of us are missing from this picture. My younger sister Megi, and my cousin Michael, who is the youngest of Jennifer, Jerry, and Kristen. Yes, it’s the 6 of us, who all probably worshiped Sean on one form or another, and I’m sure that Uncle Joe, (Breeyn’s grandpa) will tell you that the 6 of us together could have counted as a group of rascals or something.
It was kind of crazy, because as Sean walked Breeyn down the isle, of course all of the parents were teary eyed, but not like Sean, who probably felt like he had 1000 emotions running at the same time... I think most of us in attendance were teary eyed, too... I know I couldn’t help it at that point. Yet, here we are at this point, and of course, Breeyn was perfect (as if it would be any other way). But, okay, enough of me blabbing...
The service was great, the dinner was fabulous, and the reception was totally fun! Here, I’ll share the fun. And, if you don’t believe me, you can also ask “Aunt Joannie”, “Uncle Warren”, or Abbi, who is dating the Best Man. It’s all good.


Breeyn and James, encouraging others to dance
Abbi and Jason - she has a beautiful smile, and what a cute couple!
Diana and Michael, parents of the groom
Joannie and Warren dancing
Me with Breeyn - she makes such a perfect bride!
Me with Sean, next best thing to being my older brother
Father of the bride & mother of the groom sharing a break from dancing, while Jackie (mother of the bride) listens to the conversation
My aunt Judy, aka Sean's Mom, aka Breeyn's grandma, aka my Godmother

Some of my pictures didn’t turn out as good, but, it as a fun time, and blessings to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment