Sunday, September 18, 2016

Curtains, Science Experiment, and Eat!


I Okay, so I know that I’ve been talking curtains for a while, and yes, I have pictures... But, of course, I have to let you in on something totally not related to making these curtains...
So, I bring home this pie pumpkin... My son, Chad, had a lab experiment where he had to take a pumpkin, weight it, cut out the top, scoop out as much of the insides as possible, weight the pumpkin again, and count how many seeds there were, and weigh the insides, too. So, of course, rather than waste the pumpkin, I made pumpkin pie and roasted pumpkin seeds.
It was about a 4.5 pound pumpkin, that got sliced and roasted in the oven with a little water after being used for the experiment. Allow it to cool, peel the skin off (it should be easy, since it’s all been roasted). Pulse in a blender, to the consistency you want. The thick fibers, I usually just toss, it’s the meat of the pumpkin you want for this. Take 3 eggs (or 3/4 cup apple sauce for a binder), add 1.5 cups almond milk (I prefer Blue Diamond) and 3/4cups each white and brown sugars. Mix well. Add about 2 generous TBS ground cinnamon, 1.5 tsp ground ginger, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, and 1/4 tsp ground cloves. Blend well. Bake in preheated oven @ 425F for 15 minutes. Turn heat down to 350F, bake for another 45 minutes until set.


Who ate all the seeds? Yes, this is the way the pie will look.



I decided to leave some chunks in, for texture purposes, and it was good.



Back to the point... I’m finally done with the curtains, so, here they are. Some are better than others, and I’m not totally done yet, but, I’m taking a break for a few days, and will do the kitchen next, as I have time.

Our upstairs bathroom, which is already yellow tile, all the way around (floor, walls, and ceiling). These curtains go good, I think.




Basement bathroom. I like this much better than the one I had here before, which is relocated to a different window.




Our bedroom curtain




Our bedroom curtain, closed.




Chad's room, which I need material for the curtains, but he at least has blinds.




These are the dining room curtains, the ghetto ones of the bunch.




This is the front window, and the curtain came from the basement bathroom.




Side hallway, up from the front window. The patterns kind of match, so it's neat that they're in the same area.




And, these are the living room curtains.



I know they may seem overly simple... And I did not put a back covering on them, it’s my first set of curtains, and I only have limited supplies and funds to get what I need, so, I did what I could with what I had. Could be better, but, they could be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment