Sunday, September 1, 2019

Music, Cultural Exchanges, & More!

After not playing for several years, I was finally able to play with the UW-Parkside Reunion band.  I'm hoping to be able to keep playing again, this fall in the Parkside Community Band, as well as get on the substitute list for the Racine Municipal Band.  It's fun.  Here is me, at the event:



In participating in the reunion event for the Parkside 50th anniversary, I was able to get on a list to host a couple of members of a German municipal band, which is actually a community-based band.  They will be here September 14th - 16th.  I'm looking forward to it, and hope people will come to the event.




Not only will I be hosting them, I'll be helping to pick them up, take them to their appointments here (which includes a concert), and back to where they need to go to depart to the next stop on their tour.  It will be a nice lesson in cultural exchanges for my son & husband, also.

Speaking of Lessons (chapter 46) - In chapter 46, Lessons, in my friend, Soldwolf’s story, Meeting the Parents, it’s more than pizza, for those who aren't used to "Earthling" food... Maybe it's the cheese, and they should visit Wisconsin? But wait... tactical issues need to be discussed, and lessons need to be reviewed... More training on tactical issues is also in order. The hero's lovely is sweet, yet, she knows how to keep him in line while keeping their best interests in mind.

Speaking of homemade pizza, my son did a good job not long ago on his. I also miss cooking with him when he was little... To be able to have good family relationships... Well, I guess I'll just have to live vicariously, this way.

Be dears and read it, okay? Don’t worry about Big Brother, because I’ll be the one to give you the Big Sister Interrogation (Ch 3). But the best type of A Mother’s Gift (Ch 20) I can give to my son is to keep pursuing my options to set the example. Maybe I just need some Celebrations (Ch 32) to lighten up the mood? And if you don’t comply, we’ll haul you to Zrik'hlfa, the capital of Tamal (the planet that the hero's lovely is from), for some major Takedowns (Ch 40). For now, I have some major Discoveries and Decisions (Ch 45) to make for myself... Kind of like how April showers bring May flowers. What do May Flowers bring? Pilgrims... I wonder what kind of pilgrimage I ought to go on?

Sometimes, personal touches can help move professional connections forward. Read on to read all of the details! I guaranty you, more than heads will be rolling here, and maybe some people will be turned into sausage! I just hope it doesn't end up on the pizza... With enough readership, the publishers on DeviantArt may pick up the story to publish it into a real book, which I'm hoping will happen!

I'm also a co-administrator for a support group, and the founder of this Sibling Abuse Survivors is on a Blogtalk Radio show.  Please have a listen, HERE - Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment