Sunday, September 29, 2019

Music, Music & More Music, and Read!

A couple weeks ago, I had the pleasure of hosting two people from the German college band called Aka Blas.  It is located in Braunschweig, Germany, and let me tell you, such talent and fun music they played for us!  It's kind of like unplugging the Trans Siberian Orchestra.  It was fun taking them around, showing off Racine.  They played at UW-Parkside, and I hope they come back someday again.


This is Louis and Helen, a drummer and clarinetist, and the fun part is that my husband Mike and I are also, a drummer and clarinetist also!  It's fun to get together with other musicians.

I was also able to get a spot in the UW-Parkside Community Band, where I'd played way back when.  After 15 years of not playing, I am happier than a clam to get to play 4 concerts a year with my Alma Mater's community group.  Here I am, at my 1st rehearsal.  Please check the website for the concert schedule.


To make it even better, pretty soon, I will be subbing for a part with the Racine Concert Band (our very own semiprofessional classical group).  The concerts are:
Tuesday, October 15, 2019, @ 7 pm @ Washington Park High School in Racine
Tuesday, February 25, 2019, @ 7pm @ Horlick High School in Racine
Thursday, May 21, 2019, @ 7 pm @ Case High School in Racine

I'm reading a story that a good friend of mine, Soldwolf is writing, called Meeting the Parents, a work on this story in progress, which will hopefully get published. It’s a military sci-fi, with a lot of workings of a futuristic space Navy and a lot of interspecies relationships, not just intimately but as different humanoids learning each other’s customs and culture. You'll enjoy the references to American culture such as building a BBQ Pit (ch 13), an alien species called the Tamalni's custom of an engaged couple's 1st Night Out (ch 17), the Plans & Tours (ch 37) of tactical moves, and the most recent chapter (47), 2nd Moves - The reports are in. I think they're top secret, but the mission is also top priority. Sometimes it takes an irregularly timed, classified message is what it takes to get the attention of necessary people to look at the red flags. Oh, the intel they collected and action plans put in place!!! Will they make it on time? If so, will they succeed? Read on and find out...

Please read... Once the story is finished, with enough views, the powers to be might pick up the book to have a professional editor go into it and get put out into an actual book! Just remember to keep supporting the arts. They are what makes cultural people interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment