Sunday, May 15, 2022

1.09 topic: No Dirty Dishes

Subtopic 1: Mention your favorite snack

Subtopic 2: Mention where you would see yourself in a year from now

In a perfect world, there would be No Dirty Dishes! But, when you love to cook, there are always tons… At least people eat well. Lots of good food, nutritious & delicious, catering to dietary needs while still capturing the various flavors so people can enjoy what they eat. I guess I’m fortunate that the guy who rents our spare bedroom doesn’t mind doing dishes every day, and it helps that we have a dishwasher to stack stuff into, and only have to wash the items that don’t belong there. I only use disposable items when I’m hosting a lot of people, because I’m trying to be more eco-friendly (plus I’m limited in my recycling space, so reusable items to wash are good, right?) I like having leftovers, to put into other containers due to the fact that they make nice lunches the next day.


Life gets crazy. The medications I take for my autoimmune disorder(s) supress my appetite, so I’m trying to get used to the fact that rather than eating 3 full meals, I’m having 1 regular meal & possibly 2 snacks or just one other small meal a day. I used to like to snack on ice cream, chips, or cookies, but these days I’m actually opting for celery with peanut butter. While I used to always have room for chocolate, now it’s strawberries. Maybe that’s a good thing, since both celery & strawberries have antioxidants, and the 2nd medication I’m on can put me at risk for cancer.

It’s difficult to determine where I’ll be in a year, since many autoimmune disorders are progressive. I’m lucky these days that I can do what I do. In order to stay positive, I’d like to be feeling better enough to be more active, and enjoying what life I can have. Instead of focusing on what I can’t do, go for the things that I can. Playing music & writing are two of those things, which is helpful. Because I’m a wind player, it helps keep my lung function up, and writing, even if creative, keeps my brain going.

Thanks for reading, and for having me in this writing group. For those who aren’t already here, but would like to take part on occasion, here is the group:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/493795995474246/


No comments:

Post a Comment