Sunday, May 22, 2022

Weekly Writer’s Group Week 10 topic: Lucky Me!

Subtopic 1: Incorporate a song (title or lyric) with the word “green” in it.

Subtopic 2: Mention something that brings you luck.

In a life of craziness, it’s good to try to find where your blessings are. I play in 2 performance groups with my clarinet, work part time, I have a husband & son who love me to pieces, and friends who adore me, too. Lucky Me! I love & appreciate all of you!

My grandfather, who used to brag about being 200% Hungarian (because his mother was 100%, his father was 100%, so he must be 200%) always used to say that seeing a red cardinal was good luck, if you see a pair, that’s even better. It’s a sign better days are coming.

Cardinal Couple

In Japan, the dragonfly brings good fortune, representing strength & happiness. They look forward to transformation & we all could use that for the better.

Dragonfly Spy

I wonder if cardinals & dragonflies ever go to a Green River (CCR)? Sometimes it’s fun to try to remember the things we loved as children. Even living in the outskirts of Tokyo, I’d always been somewhat of a nature girl, going out bug catching, frog chasing, jumping in puddles, etc. I used to love the wind in my face, though now, I prefer the sun.

For more about the weekly writing group for fun as an outlet, please visit the group HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment