Sunday, April 30, 2023

Blogophilia 44.14: Hung Out to Dry

Blogophilia Facebook group Here

Blog Topic parameters Right Here

How Blogophilia works Over Here

Hard Bonus: Include a double down

Easy Bonus: Drink a margarita

Serenade in the park

Life is crazy. On the professional front, I feel like I’m always Hung Out to Dry. I get the interviews, but always get passed up or get offered something I totally didn’t apply for (this has been going on for 35 years, so unless you’re going to look at my resume & find someone you know who is willing to hire me, chances are, anything you suggest has already been done, or the suggestion is beyond my reach & need resources to get there). But, it’s also time to let go of stuff that isn’t benefitting. We have a situation where we are helped a little bit financially yet is hindering the same amount (or more) in other ways, so we’re getting rid of that. Period. Even if struggling, not everything is about money. Time is often worth more than that, and I’m not playing the game of being stuck just because it might be an issue. It’s time to double down, make things happen (even if they’re messy at first), to smooth out the time later to go forward. Maybe if my backyard garden does even half of what I’d like it to, I’ll be able to make something of it. Even if I don’t, the savings will be worth it, so I’ll be able to drink a margarita then. Sometimes you have to invest in yourself & family, even if there is a risk. You are the most important person in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment