Saturday, October 16, 2010

Breasts are beautiful, keep them happy!

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Don't forget to make your appointment to ensure that you don't suffer from the nasty disease that takes way too many women (and some men too).

Don't forget to make your appointments for your annual exams, and don't forget to keep feeling for abnormalities. Early detection can be a life saver for real. If it's near lymph nodes, it could be especially dangerous, as once cancer gets into your lymph nodes, it can spread through the body quickly. There are different types, aggressive and non-aggressive. The age you develop breast cancer can have more severe symptoms. Breast cancer doesn't always have early symptoms.

Don't forget to feel your boobies. I know it sounds kid like, but it can save your life. For those of you ladies with a honey, it may be neat to bring him with you. Make it a fun way to keep your sex health as well as your breast health in tact, and it's your way of doing a self wellness exam. An ounce of prevention can prevent a pound of cure, and keep you to "live longer and prosper".

I schedule my mammogram around the same time as my birthday. I do my annual pap smear too. Funny, because I remember when I just used to schedule them when ever... and the doctor would send you a post card that read, "Did you know.... that it's time for your annual pap exam?" To which I'm thinking, "No... but my mailman does..." Now HIPPA laws are there to ensure that it's all private, in plain envelopes. Like I really care at this stage in my life? We all know middle aged women need annual exams of the personal type.

Anyway, two ladies I work with are diagnosed with breast cancer. One is a nurse and the other is an office manager for a home care agency I work for. Unfortunately, the insurance plan doesn't cover a whole lot of it. So there is a benefit to help raise money for them. I'm hoping it's successful, as the nurse is awesome for going up to bat for her clients and their needs as handicapped or elderly who need certain types of health coverage, and gets the job done. The other is a joy to be around, and is the sweetest person to know. She is always smiling, and can make an angry bear smile back. Your prayers, positive thoughts, good karma, well wishes, etc are always appreciated. If you can come, please do...




The benefit will go to them, to help pay for their medical treatment. If you can't come, please do your part in buying products that donate to the Susan G. Komen Foundation, or your local cancer society that can help fight the cause. Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment