Friday, May 20, 2011

Political Rant by a nice mad woman

I wish I had more time to blog, the way I used to blog when I had more time...

Anyway, it just seems to be a toilet bowl of political blogging when it comes to some of these networks. Let's face it, some politics are going to instigate debates.
So anyway, here is this article from my local paper, the Racine Journal Times Online - readers were asked to ask questions because the paper was going to interview him Tuesday and Wednesday. Paul Ryan answers JT, reader questions. In the article where the paper asked the questions, I'd posted mine late Tuesday night, but early enough Wednesday morning (like 2am) about April's Law, I'd even posted links to say what it is all about, and it never got asked. It's a situation such as a 42 year old man getting charged with sexually assaulting a 9 year old, and then these child enticement reports which makes it needed that we have April's Law. Yet we don't want to talk about this?

What is super irritating is that here we're making all these budget cuts, and here we're looking at the schools not re-filling at least some positions that are retiring, but also going to slash another 125 positionsfrom our school district. So now they get to do MORE work with less money.
And what are the plans to counter this? Nothing other than Walmart, who wants to put up a superstore in the middle of a county setting, where there are open farmland to one side, country homes on the other side, and like Walmart is really going to fit there?

I still think that we need a gimmick instead, more like a country store that sells stuff like hand made quilts, antiques, and other country type stuff, and then have a country cafe there too, serving farmer style breakfasts. It would be cool to have it in the shape of a barn. I've suggested it, but, what do I know?


Anyway, the other options? Two ladies who used to own the best Chinese restaurant in town wants to come out of retirement in Illinois wants to come back to Racine to start a carry out Chinese place. Then there is talks about a Red Lobster coming back... maybe I can get a creep to take me there for dinner one day... And the waitress can talk about how she used to be a teacher making $20,000 salary with benefits on top of it, now she can't afford to take her lunch break...


Then, of course, there is our new Voter ID bill, that's getting sent to the Governor to be signed into law. I'm actually ambivalent on this issue, because I really think the republicans are paranoid about voter fraud, while the democrats are paranoid about disenfranchisement. Sure, there is some fraud, but there is no way to eliminate it all. On the other hand, I really don't think that other than absentee voters from the shut in disabled and our over seas people, that those who are here and even get to the polls are going to be turned out too much. On the other hand, if you're a recently married woman, would you be disqualified because your name doesn't match the form? Or is this ANOTHER appointment to have to follow up on, to have to re-register, AGAIN, just because this is another way to hinder the woman's right to vote?


What is the most frustrating, even aside from this party politics thing, I've been working on April's Law for almost 3 years, and that I had my original appointment with former Senator John Lehman about April's Law Wisconsin about 2.5 years ago. I got to talk with Representative Robin Vos, and he was supportive of the issue, which I am grateful. Last summer, I talked to Sen. Lehman and Representative Cory Mason, and they were kind enough to draft it. Super cool. Lehman was going to put it in right at the start of this session back in January. Well, he was replaced with Senator Van Wangaard, and he wants to "wait for Rep. Mason's office" to do something about it. Well, I've recently submitted the petition results for the Wisconsin Petition for April's Law. Because the paper copy went to Sen. Lehman, I don't have the around 60 Racine residents signatures that I collected single handely, no less, and it's maddening that 3 years worth of MY HARD WORK via YVI might be flushed down the toilet like our kids don't matter because the politicians are playing a game of "Whose Law is it Anyway?" I'm asking people to write/call Rep. Mason urging him to put April's Law to the floor. Obviously, this one woman battle is not moving very well, and I need your help. I also need people to write to Sen. Wangaard to have him take a more pro-active role on the issue.

Mason's:

Room 6 North State Capitol
P.O. Box 8953
Madison, WI 53708 Telephone (608) 266-0634 Or (888) 534-0062 Fax (608) 282-3662 Email Rep.Mason@legis.wisconsin.gov

Wangaard's

Room 319 South State Capitol
P.O. Box 7882
Madison, WI 53707 Telephone (608) 266-1832 Or (866) 615-7510 Fax (608) 282--3561 Email Sen.Wanggaard@legis.wisconsin.gov

People, just remember to be polite, you get better responses. Here is a sample letter:


Dear Honorable (Senator or Representative)


My name is (your name), I am a constituent. (I am not a constituent, but have relatives who are). I strongly support April's Law in order to consistently protect our sexually abused children who need us to be on a look out on their behalf.
Too many sex offenders who prey on our children go back into society just to reoffend again. For the sake of our children, please push April's Law Wisconsin through!

Thank you sincerely,

(Your Name)

No comments:

Post a Comment