Monday, July 1, 2013

Blogophilia 19.6: Even The Losers Get Lucky Sometimes.


Bonus Points:
(Hard, 2 pts):   Incorporate 3 things that could happen to you while swimming in the ocean
(Easy, 1 pt):  Mention a fly on the wall


https://www.facebook.com/notes/marvin-martian/blogophilia-week-196-even-the-losers-get-lucky-sometimes/584850301536191



I grew up in Tokyo, Japan in my formative years, I liked the fact that there was this big vast body of water, that looked like a whole world in and of it's self, called the Pacific Ocean.  I remember daydreaming about pirates finding hidden treasures, and chests full of booty.  Coming to Racine, WI, it was neat to have this Great Lake Michigan to the east.  Even the family cottage on Eagle Lake, was on the west side of the lake, and you could swim across, if you had the stamina.

With all of the comforts we can find at the ocean, sometimes, it could bring us gloom, like a typhoon looming over the sails, as Doris suggests, as many things can happen while you're swimming in the ocean.  Photographer Sharon Lee captures the scene well in the picture.




 Even if the sailing seems to be good, there are often troubled times.  Nissmith can verify that often we feel like losers, and that there is something missing, like the special person to share it with.  Sitting at the break rocks, we might be mesmerized by the lapping waves to jump in, and drown while being pummeled into the rocks.  The sun comes out, bringing a ray of light glistening on the water.  So rather than bumming around feeling sorry, like Nissmith, realize that even losers get lucky sometimes.

I walk over to the sunny beach, hoping that I don't get bitten by a jellyfish, I realize I'm lucky that I didn't get eaten by a shark.  So, I decide to enjoy life, and do it my own way, and the heaviness lifts, and I go wash up in the bathroom, elated.  The fly on the wall like Ruggi probably thinks I'm a maniacal schizophrenic, I pep and primp myself up, ready to see the world.

But then, when Marvin the Martian wants to give us secret passages, there's always adventures around the corner where everyone has their story.

No comments:

Post a Comment