Sunday, June 8, 2014

Don't Answer When Duty Calls: Blogophilia 16.7

Marvin Martian's blog link for the parameters of participating in this blog -
https://www.facebook.com/notes/marvin-martian/blogophilia-week-167-dont-answer-when-duty-calls/748379381849948

Bonus Points:
(Hard, 2 points) Include an inappropriate use for shared Leather Jacket
(Easy, 1 point)  Incorporate the phrase 'a pyramid of cheerleaders' 
Well, during my high school years, not only was I a nomad, because I knew a couple of people from just about every group of people you could think of, so I kind of took turns hanging out with different people, I was also a people watcher.  My favorite part of high school was playing in the band, and loved when I could do the pep band thing for school assemblies and the sports games.  It was mostly football, but, we would occasionally do the basket ball games and then wrestling, if our school was going through the gamut to get to the state finals.  Of course the cheer leaders would often try to cheer up to the band, because if we could lead the crowd to do the participation portion, the crowd would get even rowdier.  Don't get me wrong, I had a couple of friends who were cheerleaders, and they weren't the dizzy type as you might believe they are, but, I used to secretly pick on them, especially when they formed into a pyramid of cheerleaders and I would try to heckle them so they would fall into a pile rather than to gracefully dismount.

Another thing that was crazy...  the normal letter jacket was one of those that was made from that fuzzy type material, but, of course the rich people sometimes had the leather type, and you know, then they would share the leather jacket for purposes of coupling, literally...  and it just made me wonder how they cleaned it afterward after getting private juices all over it...  I'm glad I never had to share one of those.  This was one of the instances that I don't answer when duty calls.



double negative
double negative




I always thought it was disgustingly cute, when couples would try to dress like each other or do their hair similar together, as if they were mirror images of each other, or maybe trying to be the same yet polar opposite...  What cracked me up, is when some of the couples actually looked alike in the first place, and was trying to be the good twin/bad twin instead of a couple.  And don't even get me started on the guys who wore make up and large hoop earrings...  ugh...


Title:  Irene
Bonus Points:  Dave Raider and Nina
Picture:  Bettie
Word/Phrase:  1)  mirror images (in blog)
2) polar opposite (in blog)
3) good twin/bad twin (in blog)
4) double negative (picture caption)
5) alternate universe
6) alternate plane
7) different point of view
8) copy cat
9) two dimensions
10) dark side/light side (like Star Wars)

No comments:

Post a Comment