Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Fire and Ice: Blogophilia 15.7

Marvin Martian's Blog link for the parameters of participation - https://www.facebook.com/notes/marvin-martian/blogophilia-week-157-fire-and-ice/745234688831084

Bonus Points:
(Hard, 2 points) Incorporate the opposite meaning of "equanimity"
(Easy, 1 point)  Include Dark Demons 

Fire and ice...  It is interesting that often, we consider these as opposite forces, even though they often meet end to end, as they're both elements in some form.  Ice is frozen water.  You'd think water can put out fires.  But, have you touched something so freezing cold, that it burns?  I also remember the public bath house I visited as a child in Japan...  One of the tubs was SO hot, it almost felt like liquid ice!

Anyway, I have been a survivor of a multitude of abuses.  It took a very very long time, to come to the place where I am now, to be able to face the dark demons and to push for social change and to press our legislators to make stricter laws to further protect abused children with equanimity.  It hasn't always been easy to actually talk about the abuse that happens currently, to our youth.  It used to scare me to death, and put me into discomposure, to have to walk past that part of my soul, because it would trip a switch.  Fortunately, with accepting the fact that these demons will always lurk in the dark corners will always be there, along with some of the rage and anger, has it been that I can control that aspect, and keep it in it's proper place.  When children are in need, I will use the fire and ice within me, to do what ever it is in my very own power to be able to protect our children.

Sometimes, I wish I had a hand of fire when dealing with people...  Kind of like Ghost Rider...


Grip of fire
Grip of fire



It would seriously help, if I had some kind of power like this, just when I need it.

I'm not sure if it made national news or not, but, in a Wisconsin county not far away from me, two 12 year old girls had gotten into some fictional character, and to try to appease the mythological dark powers of evil, they were going to sacrifice another girl, a supposed friend.  The two were planning this for months, invited the unsuspecting 12 year old for a slumber party...  Went to play hide and seek in the woods, where the sacrifice was supposed to happen, and stabbed the third 12 year old girl, and abandoned her in the woods, probably for dead.  Miraculously, the girl crawled out of the woods, and up onto a sidewalk where someone found her, and got her medical help.

My heart goes out to the stabbing victim, as well as for her family.  They trusted the other girls, and this is what they get.  What I'm wondering, as a parent, is, where were the parents of the two who got sucked into this cult like thinking?  It is said that especially the stabber is mentally ill.  And the parents of this girl had no idea what so ever?  As an advocate, it makes me wonder why these girls went so much past bullying, to making a human sacrifice to a creepy character that isn't even real...  I urge all parents to know their kids, and know where they go online, what they are taking part in, who their friends are, etc...  This is one of the grossest abuse on a peer that I have heard of.  As long as it exists, I will always be.


Topic:  DJ Myke
Bonus Points:  Dave Raider and Christine W.
Picture:  Nissemech
Word/Phrase: Hand of Fire (in blog), Ghost Rider (in blog), grip of fire (picture title), hell's hand, Johnnie Blaze, Daniel Ketch, phantom rider

No comments:

Post a Comment