Sunday, May 25, 2014

Bedtime Stories: Blogophilia 14.7

Marvin Martian's Blog, for the updated rules.  https://www.facebook.com/notes/marvin-martian/blogophilia-week-147-bedtime-stories/739347179419835

Bonus Points:
(Hard, 2 points) Include a black cat crossing your path
(Easy, 1 point)  Incorporate a Bee Gee's lyric

I don't remember too much about my early childhood, but, at 9 years old, reading bedtime stories to my 6 year old little sister.  When my son was a baby, I would read books in between play times, settling down for meals, and moreAs he progressed into grade school, he would pick a cat to put on his bed, pet them until they were calm, and he'd read books out loud to the cat until they fell asleep.  Sometimes he'd have 2 cats.  It was very precious, since he was not always good at reading aloud, unless it was to read to his cats.

Speaking of cats, I never thought I'd be a cat lady, since growing up, I'd been severely allergic to them.  All of a sudden, in my mid/late 20's, I no longer got a reaction.  I'd had 2 black cats...  You know about the myth about bad luck when a black cat crosses your path?  So...  if you have 2, and they both cross your path, does the second cancel the first, or is it double?  I have no idea....  But seriously, to those who actually believes it, I think it's so absurd, that so I laugh in your face.


Meadow rows to the windmill
Meadow rows to the windmill



This is a nice flower meadow in the country.  But, Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore.  I bet Dorothy wished that Aunt Em's farm looked more like this, after visiting the Emerald City...

Topic:  Linda Miller Thurman
Picture:  Nissmech
Bonus Points:  Nina and Tyler
Word Phrase:  flower meadow in the country (in blog), I don't think we're in Kansas anymore (in blog), all rows lead to the windmill, country side garden, tulip farm, landscape in the horizon.
Bee Gees lyrics:  so I laugh in your face
Black cat crossing your path point and title both included in the blog.


p.s. those tagged but not currently participating are encouraged to submit their writing.  This creative writing for fun, with points that are for bragging rights only, is good for your mental health.

No comments:

Post a Comment