Thursday, June 27, 2019

Concert Settings:

Back in April, my 19-year-old son treated me to the Billy Joel concert up at Miller Park Stadium.  Yes, I corrupted him...  He loves classic rock.  Other concerts he has gone to include ZZ Top and The Who.  Definitely a boy after his mother's heart.  I am fortunate.

I wonder if it is because growing up myself, I'd always been a music head, and love classical music, jazz, etc.  I even play clarinet and tenor saxophone, sang in the jazz choir, and can't imagine my life w/o music.  My son also is a musician.  As a preschooler, he'd sneak my harmonica and play along to his favorite cartoon shows at the beginning.  He now plays trumpet and is learning how to play acoustic guitar.  Yes, I'm bragging just a little bit...

To make things more interesting, I'd been involved at a young age helping out with various campaigns to get people elected since I was about 9, and got him started around the same age, maybe slightly older.  We also love Science Fiction.  We try to see every sci-fi flick that comes out on the big screen together, even if it's on $5/Tuesdays or at the Value Cinema.  It's pretty fun.  Everything from Star Trek to X-Men to whatever else that comes out...  Plus we love action, thrillers, and so much more.  I hope we can continue to do things together as he goes on, though I realize it will be a lot less often.

So, when I found out that my friend, Soldwolf is writing a military sci-fi story filled with action, humor and even a little romance story called Meeting the Parents, I was interested.  Because I like the story so much, I decided that I just have to share it, because it's too good not to share.  It's a neat storyline featuring a hero from post-unification Earth, where he is serving in the UN military, and his love is from a prominent family on a planet called Tamal, a humanoid race that evolved from herbivores.  This Tamalnii heroine is such an endearing character, you'll be cheering on for her and her people as well as for her and her studly to make it through to the end.

Chapter 41:  Post TakedownsWith so much going on, people need to chill out to make out sensible reports...  Oh, the info collected is huge.  I'm just wondering what kind of smackdown is awaiting in the future...

Happy reading!  I hope you enjoy it as much as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment