Sunday, September 17, 2023

Blogophilia 12.15: Summer’s End

Blogophilia Facebook group HERE

Blog topic parameters Right Here

How Blogophilia works Over Here

Hard Bonus: Feature something dubious

Easy Bonus: 
Mention a lamp

Sunset Rose

Change is constant. As the seasons change, at Summer’s End, it feels like the cold is coming fast upon us, and I’m never ready for winter. Suspicious clouds threaten rain, not even letting bits of sun or moonlight act as an evening lamp. Even more dubious was when I stated as an 8-year-old that I was going to not only march in parades with a marching band but I’d also get paid to play. 2 years later, I started playing my clarinet. 3 years after that, I joined the marching band for 5 years. I even played on a relatively large stage, with a mostly full stage afterward. Sometime in my mid-20s, I’d played semiprofessionally for a short, and motherhood called… I figured maybe it wouldn’t happen again, yet, here I am, 50+ & back to getting paid to play. Good deal.

Here is toasting 54 years of UW-Parkside music & 101 years of Racine Concert Band. I’ll post concerts as they come up.

No comments:

Post a Comment