Sunday, August 25, 2013

Summertime Blues: blogophilia 27.6

Bonus Points:
(Hard, 2 pts):   mention either "the Magnificent Seven" or "Seven Samurais"
(Easy, 1 pt):  include the word "volitorial"

https://www.facebook.com/notes/marvin-martian/blogophilia-week-276-summertime-blues/610842628936958









"Long, long ago in the far off galaxy, the most adorable Martian (Marvin) with his canine (Commander K) dwelled in the City of 'New Orleans'..... "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivXAxY6iFWE


I sit up during the middle of the night, not being able to sleep...  The phone wire is filled with black birds, and I think of Nina feeding them because they are black birds singing in the dead of night.  Their soulful bird calls remind me of the school season coming up, with less time to frolic in the fun sun. 

Then I ponder if anyone else, such as Trevor having the Summertime Blues, because the routine is not as it is during the rest of the year...



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_wu_v7NvTI


Rather than moping that summer is almost over, my mind brings back memories of when I was a small child, and Japan's Foundation Day (similar to USA's Independence Day) was on my birthday, and then there were fireworks, parades, and all sorts of celebration with dragon parades and everything...  So I wonder how it was like back in the day, when the Emperor would have his Seven Samurai as his personal army, in case of attack, and that it must have been really neat to live in those times, as The David often talks about The Magnificent Seven.
Back to reality...  I think back to the birds on a  wire, wishing that I could be volitorial like the birds.  I wonder if Barbara K would like to fly with the birds, also?



p.s.  To participate, click the link at the top of the blog.  It's fun, and it's a creative outlet.  Go for it!  :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment