Monday, January 20, 2014

Have You Ever Seen The Rain: Blogophilia 48.6

Bonus Points:
(Hard, 2 points) Use the name of two magazines
(Easy, 1 point) Incorporate rosemary and thyme

https://www.facebook.com/notes/marvin-martian/blogophilia-week-486-have-you-ever-seen-the-rain/683011548386732

Normally when there is a thunder storm, I sleep right through it, like a log.  One night, during a hot summer night, the storm was so big, thunder shook the house.  I woke up and tossed on some old clothes, to go see it.  I love thunder storms, and watching the rain come down.  I went out to watch on the porch, and even in the confines of the large awning covering the porch, even out a little to help cover the first step or two, I'm soaked sitting there.  Oh, my, what a site!  My husband gets up, and wonders what I'm doing.  I come in, dripping, excitedly asking him "Have you ever seen the rain? Not like this!"  I bet Trevor likes to watch these storms from the comforts of his couch inside.

I know other people are sometimes are not so fond of the rain, so they lock themselves in, and read magazines like Reader's Digest and Time, the way that Kismet does.  But then, maybe Barbara K will make some chicken & dumpling soup, using rosemary and thyme, making it really yummy....


Bird in the mirror
Bird in the mirror



It makes me wonder, after the rain, if anyone appreciates the rainbow at the end of the storm, after such a huge rainfall and booming thunder along with the sky high light show.  Maybe Betty goes out on errands afterward, just to see the bird's eye, or maybe it's rear view mirror time, to be surprised with seeing a bird in flight or maybe just preening.

No comments:

Post a Comment