Thursday, January 30, 2014

Love the Way I Feel: Blogophilia 49.6

Bonus Points:
(Hard, 2 points) Incorporate a snow blower
(Easy, 1 point) Use a quote from Lord Byron

https://www.facebook.com/notes/marvin-martian/blogophila-week-496-love-the-way-i-feel/685206821500538

I like summer.  Even though I seem to have hot flashes, and I'm not sure if I'm going through the change early, or maybe it's my blood sugars running too high, I don't know.  I am wimpy in cold weather.  The colder it is, the worse I like it.  When we had that freezing cold, where it was a high of -3F, with wind chills being -40F.  YIKES!

Even though I don't like the snow much better, at least it isn't so bitter cold.  Of course we all liked the snow better as a kid, but, I think that The David will agree with me when I say that I love the way I feel when I get to use the snow blower like the one that Nissemech uses...  I actually don't mind using my Toro snow plow, and end up helping the neighbors as well. 

As an advocate for abused children, I fully agree with Lord Byron when he says "They never fail who die in a good cause" And I think that Trevor is also a poet just the same, and that we are beacons of life...  "Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life.  The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray".  I truly think that for our children, being a beacon of awareness to change the way we care for our abused children.  My hope is that there will be harsher consequences for those who hurt our children.

To pass time, we often like to look to our hobbies.


Mecha Lizard
Mecha Lizard



It is interesting to see two mecha-lizards playing chess like it's game on.  But then, maybe, it's Christopher who is saying check mate!  It's probably good that these metallic aliens don't speak as we do, because ssshh!  Quiet in the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment