Saturday, January 18, 2014

Silky Soft & Stretchy: Blogophilia 47.6

Bonus Points:
(Hard, 2 points) Incorporate "the smell of gingerbread baking"
(Easy, 1 point) Include 2 animal character names from a Disney film.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/marvin-martian/blogophilia-week-476-silky-soft-and-stretchy/679877222033498

One night, I went to sleep, and then woke up to my bedroom door leading out to the front porch.  Walking down the steps, and rather than leading down to my street, I stepped out onto a street across town.  What is going on?  I decide to explore this new scene, but it seems that each corner becomes a new puzzle, where streets that don't connect are all of a sudden merging together.  I am unsure how to get back home, thinking that maybe I can wake up in a normal mode.  All of a sudden, it gets dark, and I try to feel my way around...  and I end up touching something silky soft and stretchy....  Oh, wait, it's Barbara K's compost dirt...  How did I end up HERE?  No one really walks from Wisconsin to California in just 45 minutes, can we?


Big Screen Movie Preview
Big Screen Movie Preview



All of a sudden, from no where, I see the billboard, inviting us to see the movie preview...  We get to see the new movie starring Angelina Jolie, and give our own opinions on it.  This is exciting!  Maybe Nissemech can come with me, to this gala of lights, camera, action!  How cool!  We actually get to go behind the scenes for a major block buster!  But as we enter the theater, rather than smelling the smell of freshly popped, buttered popcorn, I get the smell of gingerbread baking, and it's Christopher at the oven!

Is this a joke?  I'm getting a bit disoriented, since I thought I was seeing an Angelina movie with Nissemech, and instead, it's some kind of animated film that spoofs Disney that has Baloo Bear and Tinker Bell, and I'm in line with Christine W!  And then, in the background, I hear Veggie Tales?  I must be going crazy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXM2o_Hb9Ls

I yawn, stretch, and open my eyes, and I'm back in bed, where I started, and relieved that it was all a dream.  My life is back, to my normal hectic way it ought to be, with crazy jokes and homework...


p.s. to participate, write your blog, and don't forget to post it on Marvin Martian's blog!

2 comments:

  1. If I woke from a dream like this, I would get up and run outside, just to make sure I was awake. I would know it was real, as soon as someone said to me, "Where are your pants?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. Thing is, I just came up with it as I wrote it... Some kind of weird imagination, huh?

    ReplyDelete