Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Long Lost Words Whisper Slowly: Blogophila 44.6

Bonus Suggestions:
(Hard, 2 points) - use your Zodiac sign
(Easy, 1 point) - include shaggy dogs and black sheep

https://www.facebook.com/notes/marvin-martian/blogophilia-week-446-long-lost-words-whisper-slowly/668012803219940


Gun Heeled Hooves
Gun Heeled Hooves



As an Aquarian, I always felt like I live in the middle of two elements.  Thanks to Marvin Martian I am reminded of that fact all too often.  I'm an air sign, and I bear water.  Like the rain clouds that bringing the gentle rains that get little shaggy dogs dancing at our door steps with Stormy Gail  watching over them, or the big, black clouds with the booming thunder storms, I think I really am the black sheep in my family, and I think that The David can relate with me.  Everyone else fits into one category not associated with another Zodiac sign.

As the black sheep, I wonder, if I had hooves, could I be the high gun-heeled sheep with white boots in wolf's clothing?  Or maybe Sassy Sue has these fancy shoes that she likes to show off.

Kim reminisces about Christmas of yore, whispering slowly.  And I start to think about my grandmother, who lived to almost half past 100, this very gentle woman, who encouraged me to be an explorer when I'm faced with new adventures, even if it meant trying something new in foods.  I was always afraid to try apple pie, since in Japan, we almost never cooked fruit.  I tried, and I liked.  So many more things such as banana bread, pumpkin desserts, beef stew, and so much more.  She never got angry or raised her voice.  But we knew when she got disgusted with us, and I think that made us feel more guilty than any other punishment or getting yelled at.  And also, my grandfather, who always wanted to be 100, and didn't quite make it, would always tell me, "Just keep smiling, and everything will be okay" and "Be positive!"  Funny, because my blood type is B+, so I guess I don't have a choice, do I? 


* To participate, click the link at the top of the blog, use the prompts, and paste your blog in the original one.  It's okay if you don't know who to pick for the topic, prompts, and picture.  Just take a lucky guess, and everyone will like your blog.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment