Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Ann Jaworski tribute

My friend and adopted relative passed away yesterday morning. Her name is Ann, the woman I'd been taking care of on weekends from January 2005 until mid-December 2018. I'd been going there 1-4 times a week for almost 14 years. In 6 weeks, she would have been 104. Ann knew who I was back in grade school since we'd attended the same church, but I didn't really get to know her until high school, where she was one of the lunch ladies in the cafeteria.



Her life has been a full life, where she lived through the depression, married her love, had 2 sons, and had many adventures in her life. One adventure was getting through the Depression era. As an adult, Due to being able to pinch her pennies and being responsible, she and her husband bought a plot of land and they had the foundation built with a roof... When they had enough money, built the rest of her house. She sold her car to put the kitchen cabinets in and even installed her own linoleum floor. This is amazing that they never went into debt, in a day when women were expected to quit their jobs when they got married. To pay for it all, she babysat and took sewing jobs to save up the money.

32 years ago, she'd suffered a major heart attack that caused her to be in a coma for 3 months, and they didn't think she would come out and be back to herself, yet she did. In 2004, she broke her hip, and that is when I started going over to take care of her when she arrived home just after the New Year in 2005. I've been blessed to know this woman, who had a lot of chutzpah and was ornery to the point that each time I showed up at her house with my husband, Mike, she couldn't stop making eyes at him, and it was funny.
Please say a prayer, meditate, send good vibes, etc. for her two sons, especially the younger one, who does not really have many other people in his life. I will miss her dearly, and remember her with fondness. I can't say that life is short, with her being almost 104, but, I will say life is precious. Celebrate those who are important to you, because they won't be around forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment