Saturday, May 18, 2019

Summer fun, adventures & ...

It is the middle of May, and the weather acts like it's the beginning of April.  Strange things for sure, but, I am fortunate that it's raining when it's not sunny out.  Living in Wisconsin, it seems as if we can get all 4 seasons in a ridiculously short amount of time.  I'm just waiting for my favorite season, which never lasts long enough, which is summer.  I know some people don't like the temps higher than about 75, but, here is how I figure...  The East Coast gets earthquakes.  The Southwest is desert-like.  The Southeast gets hurricanes.  New England gets terrible blizzards.  The Pacific Northwest and further north can get terribly cold on top of getting 10' of snow at a time, and so I figure being here in S.E. Wisconsin isn't so bad.

Some of the things I like to do in the summer is to go swimming at the beach.  It's not always nice enough, so I do have a pass to the YMCA, so if by chance I'm actually able to get a vacation (which is unlikely) I can use the Y anywhere in the USA.  So for now, my vacations will have to consist of going to places like Lake Michigan, Quarry Lake Park, Root River, etc...  Barbecues are also nice, but, of course, a date night out at a park going all out picnic style would be awesome!

On rainy days, I love to read. Whether it's an actual book, eBook download, online, where ever...  My favorite genres are Sci-Fi, action, thrillers, mysteries, and on occasion, biographies (if I'm interested in the person).  One of my favorite authors is Lee Child, who does military thrillers, so, when I found out that a friend is writing military sci-fi, I was intrigued and had to start reading...  I've mentioned in my previous blogs about Soldwolf, with his story, Meeting the Parents which has its share of romance between an intergalactic couple where the hero is an earthling who is an NCO/UNSC, and his betrothed is a humanoid from the planet of Talminii and she seriously would make an excellent Wisconsinite because she is a cheesehead just like us, even though she looks like she should want to eat salads with those ears of hers...

Please have a read, and just remember, with more reads on these chapters, Soldwolf has a higher chance of getting noticed by publishers and then hopefully published into a real book to get put on bookstore shelves.  Not only would it be cool for me to be able to brag that one of MY friend's stuff is at the stores, but, just think how much more exciting for him to have his stuff out like that?  Don't be a lurker, go ahead and read. If you have any questions for me, please ask. 

Chapter 17 First Night Out is the couple's commitment party, hosted by the bride-to-be's sponsors help show off the couple to their friends, family, and the general public.  Of course, this tall & muscular human doesn't get the reception you'd think he'd get...

Chapter 18 Dessert - well, duh, if you're going to have a party to celebrate, you have to get some good after dinner treats, right?  Of course!  But will it be cheesecake?  Chocolate souffle?  Or my personal favorite, a fresh fruit compote?  Well, read and find out!

Chapter 19 Concert, those lucky people!  I could go for getting treated to some cool music and more!  They might be VIP's, or they might try to sneak in with the regular crowd, and the adventures continue through this chapter, and it's cute how the special couple have a special name for the evening.

Chapter 20 A Mother's Gift is special.  Although my personal situation is from a different angle, it was special to read about how a special item was left for when the hero would find his forever mate, and while I'm no romantic, mind you, it melted me a little as to what & how it had to get delivered.

Happy reading people, and support starving artists of all sorts, which includes painters, musicians, actors, and writers!

No comments:

Post a Comment