Saturday, July 27, 2019

Run 4 Beer 5k

The Racine Brewing Run for Beer event was today.  For me, it was a huge accomplishment to finish this.  Had you asked me 5 years ago to take part in a 5k anything, I'd have told you No. Effing. Way. In. Hell.  Even 3 years ago, I'd have needed my walking/hiking sticks to make it.



But since 5 years ago, I'd lost a lot of weight, and being on a quest to be more active, I decided to try.  I figure hey, if I can start reading a book called Meeting the Parents that is still in progress of being written (which is actually kind of neat, since it's like I get to watch the wheels turn in the author's head), I figure I can do my own Explorations & Discoveries (Ch44) on my own skills...  It was fun to make my own "bib", instead of numbers, we came up with a name for a beer, if we were to have made our own craft beer.




In the chapter, there are "new" old places to explore...  Intel to discover.  Testing skills of an Ensign stepping foot into field service.  Sometimes, having fun while getting dirty is the best medicine, and it's good to know that my grandma's advice about always being an explorer and trying new things still holds true in the future!  Some of the reminiscings give clues about who the hero and his buddies are as people.  You'll have to come read for the juicy details...  There is a lot of tactical detail happening.  Soldwolf has a knack for making these procedures exciting.

As for me, well, I probably SHOULD have used my walking sticks...  But, they DO donate proceeds to 2 charities each year when they host these 5k walk/run series around the state.



I did get a craft beer after the race, as well as a pretzel, a T-shirt, and some swag...  After losing 2# since this morning, due to sweating out whatever toxins, and hoping the hops from the beer will help kick out any other toxins, I took a nap and now I'm ready for Italian Fest with my son.

2 comments: