Sunday, June 5, 2022

Week 12 topic: Be Kind, Rewind

For 3 points: Mention a movie in your blog that you've watched over and over.

For 2 points: Question: VHS, DVD, or Digital. Which do you prefer?

In a world full of madness, hate, turmoil, etc. it's important to Be Kind, Rewind. Recently, there was a shooting at a funeral inside of a cemetery just blocks away from my previous neighborhood. Fortunately, the two people shot had minor injuries. But this was at a graveside service for a man who was shot by police just 2 weeks prior... As if the family & friends of this guy really needed this during the memorial service? Another mass shooting happened elsewhere in Wisconsin just a couple days later. Gunshots are normal, and half the time we don't know if something is happening or if someone is just making some noise. I seriously wonder what this world is coming to, and I feel bad for my son, who is a young adult, living in times like this.

So, I make it a point, rather than give up, to pass out the compliments, be a good person, rise above the situation, etc. I rewind by trying to take care of myself since things get overwhelming or tire me out since I have an autoimmune disorder. Healthy breakfast, since my appetite is low so that one super healthy meal to start my day is good medicine.

Save the Whale!

I like action movies, and Sci-Fi is my favorite genre. The movie I've watched most often is Star Trek: The Voyage Home. I have it on VHS, though maybe I should get it on DVD or something just so the movie set lasts a while.

I'm hoping that eventually, I'll be able to do my longer blogs, with pictures, links, etc. like I used to do on MySpace. Or maybe I'll just have to work on the stories in my head & think about writing those & getting them published? I just don't know where or how to start... And wondering if anyone would even read them. I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment