Sunday, June 12, 2022

Week 13 topic: Let’s Go on a Road trip!

Subtopic 1: Name your favorite vacation spot (It can be anywhere–even at home!)

Subtopic 2: Writer’s Choice (find your element)

I miss the days when I could just call someone up and say, hey, Let’s Go on a Road Trip! Of course, I was single with no children and didn’t have so many things that I had to be adulting on… The last road trip I went on was about 2 years ago, when Mike & I drove up to Madison (our State Capital) an hour away, and I showed him around a bit. It was fun.

Jump the wave!

I don’t think I have a specific place that I’d call a favorite vacation spot, though anything near a large body of water is always great! Growing up in Japan, I had the Pacific Ocean to the east. Here in Wisconsin, I have Lake Michigan (which looks & feels like an ocean w/o the salt content) to the east. I enjoyed visiting New York to go see a friend, I also loved Boston while there on a casual business trip through the Sister City Program. In both of those cases, I had the Atlantic Ocean to the east, so my sense of direction was intact. The times when I went to California & Oregon, that went topsy turvy because then I had the Pacific Ocean to the West, so… I’d point south thinking it was north, and while the huge waterway was awesome, I felt out of my element.

Growing up, I had thought that my astrological sign was a water one, since I’m an aquarian. The water bearer. Then I found out that I’m actually an air sign because it’s the wind that brings the gentle rains to water the crops or the fact that it can cause disasters too… I always love being near water, where I can’t resist running through sprinklers, dipping my toes into the lake, jumping through puddles, starting a water balloon fight, etc. But then again, also as a child, I was called “kazenoko” (ka-zeh-no-coe), meaning ‘child of the wind’ or wind-child. Despite these, I think my spirit is made of fire – for good since I’m an advocate.

Finding your element could mean understanding if you’re earth, wind, fire, or water, although it could also mean finding yourself wrapped in your passion. I guess me being a semiprofessional musician – feel like I’m in my element performing music in a concert.

A few things are going on, so if it seems like I’m rambling, my sincere apologies. Some of these things I don’t want to air publicly, others are new health information I’m still trying to digest, as well as trying to figure out how & where I’m going to publish a few things… I’d like to write my healthcare story, plus I have a couple of other creative stories I’d like to work on, but… with my current situation, feel like I can only focus on one main thing with a secondary, and that has to be Health as my primary focus then job/income as my 2nd. I will elaborate on these things when I’m ready. Thank you for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment