Sunday, July 24, 2022

Week 19: Friends & Family

Subtopic: Mention a dad joke in your blog

Subtopic 2: Mention a favorite person of yours (or of your character–if you plan on writing a fictional story)

Weekly topic parameters, Click Here

Join the private FB group, HERE

My Grandparents

Q: What has one horn & flies? A: A garbage truck. My Halloween Dad joke.

I basically never had a relationship with my dad, and it’s like we’d been estranged since birth, even though we were a family until I was 8, and my relationship with my mother had always been strange, strained & stressful. I never met my paternal grandparents as they’d passed years before I was born, and these are my maternal grandparents, who I adore. I had my Aunt Judy, who is also my Godmother, and my grandfather was the man who was the example in my life. I am who I am, in part to them.

It’s not always easy to part with people who mean a lot, but life happens, and we have to keep moving on. It’s okay to grieve, but also remember to celebrate the good people you’ve had in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment