Sunday, September 25, 2022

Week 28: Hurricane Party

Weekly Writer’s Group on Facebook group HERE

Blog topic parameters on BlogSpot, Over Here

Subtopic 1: Have you ever dealt with a hurricane?

Subtopic 2: Do you ever wish there was background music to let you know when there’s a warning?

Autumn’s Halo

When Maria happened in Puerto Rico, I really wanted to do a Hurricane Party by making a Puerto Rican dinner party to raise funds to send, though things were so hectic, I’d never gotten to it. Living in S.E. Wisconsin, I think maybe I’m lucky, as far as the weather goes. I don’t get the snow dumps like New England, the tornadoes like the plains states, earthquakes like the west coast, bitter cold like the NorthWest, nor the hurricanes of the Gulf states. It’s not that we don’t get any, just that things are much tamer than what it is elsewhere.

The closest that I’ve come to dealing with a hurricane that I can remember is the torrential rains that are the aftermath of one, which is still nothing in comparison to those who are in the path. Even with cyclones, Lake Michigan, being a great body of water, sucks it in. I don’t really feel too much vibration from earthquakes here, it’s bigger in Japan & haven’t ever felt as if the earth was going to swallow me up. It would be cool if we could hear this warning beat in the background. Not only would we have something to cut through whatever else is going on, but it would also help calm people as well as bring those together.

I have 4 different stories I’d like to put down… Not sure how to do it, where I could get it out there but not sure on what platform. Should I do blogs, and put chapters into them, with links to previous ones? Incorporate into my weekly? Google docs (and hope I don’t croak before they get out)? Ugh… I’m sure I could do DeviantArt for the creative ones, but not sure about the real-life ones. These are my ideas:

  1. The Adventures & Life of Miss Demeanor – the various things, kind of loosely my life story with my actual life adventures, crazy imagination, with 2 imaginary friends, who are compilations of real people in my life, Miss Behavior & Miss Conduct. It would be just as creative as it is based on life.
  2. My healthcare story, with all of the crazy stuff that has happened… It would also include a lot regarding life leading up to things as well.
  3. Kind of an autobiography, because to do both this (leading to my advocacy, which is ongoing) and relating to my healthcare journey would be too “big” to go in one, so that’s why I want to split it.
  4. A recurring dream I’ve had, where I could fly, some were cool, others make up something like a Sci-Fi meets horror movie. I’m not sure if this is enough to make a whole book, but, it would be fun to see where it could go. I haven’t had these dreams in a while, but when I did, it was vivid enough to still remember now.

No comments:

Post a Comment