Sunday, October 2, 2022

Week 29: Feel Good

Weekly Writer’s Group page HERE

Blog topic parameters Over Here

Subtopic 1: Do you take care of your mental health?

Subtopic 2: Do you have a tool kit to be happy? This could be crystals, positive words, a song, a show you watch, meditation…etc.

Breathe…!!!

In times of chaos, things get crazy. To Feel Good seems to be a relative term! Physically, mentally, etc… all depending on what’s going on, and it seems as if we aren’t always aligned this way. Covid, hurricanes, work issues, etc…

My favorite way to take care of my mental health is through music. I play my clarinet in 2 groups, which is a nice outlet in multiple ways. It’s good for the soul, automatic meditation through breathing, and it’s all good for the body as well, and my mind is in a better spot afterward. I listen often, also.

I stopped watching TV a few years ago, since I don’t have access on the main floor anymore, and I’m fortunate to live off the shore of Lake Michigan, which is part of my tool kit to be happy. Not only do I take time to sit there, but I also like to meditate, listening to the waves. This last year, I didn’t get to go out to do anything, and that should change but, cold weather is coming…

Often, it feels good to make other people feel good, too! If we can leave someone better than when we met them, do it. The whole planet would be a better place. Sending Dia Jade (and all my other Florida people) good vibes to make it through this hurricane disaster unscathed as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment