Sunday, October 30, 2022

Weekly Writer’s Group 33: When The Halloween Party’s Over

Subtopic 1: With Halloween being tomorrow, and daylight savings is next week, what do you do for the rest of the year?

Subtopic 2: What’s your favorite Halloween song?

Weekly Writer’s Group Facebook page HERE

Weekly Writer’s blog topic parameters Over Here

Pumpkin Patch Minion!

It’s one of my favorites to celebrate, with ghouls, witches, scary characters, princesses, super heroes, etc… I enjoy seeing them all, but… I have a dress rehearsal for Racine Concert Band, with a show on Tuesday, November 1, 2022 at 7pm at Washington Park High School. So, that will be my gig this year. 2022 marks the 100th year of Racine, Wisconsin having our very own municipal band. All summer concerts, starting the 1st Sunday of July through mid/late August (for a total of 8 shows) are free & open to the public at the Zoo. Normally, there are 3-5 concerts during the rest of the season, and those have an entrance fee, but in celebrating the centennial, this one is free, and the final free one of this year.

When The Halloween Party Is Over, my schedule will slow down a little bit for a while. I got a 2 week layoff at work, with no solid plan to go back yet, so that is still up in the air to see if I will have something there after that or not, which stinks, because other holidays are coming. With my autoimmune disorders, trying to look for other employment just doesn’t make much sense. This one is what I’d be able to handle, and with it being a relatively quiet nonprofit, could be flexible around my appointments. At least I have the UW-Parkside Community Band, where we have 4 concerts throughout the year, with our next concert being on December 8, 2022 at 7pm in Bedford Hall at the Rita Tallent Picken Regional Center for Arts & Humanities, affectionately called The Rita. Summer concerts are fun, with the marches, polkas, & other crowd pleasing music, where we have 1 rehearsal & show weekly, inside the bandshell/gazebo. The other shows being on a more formal stage, brings out the musicianship, for a more professional/studio sound, which takes a bit more work, and really shows off the talents of all of the performers.

I’m looking forward to DST ending… I really could use the extra hour of sleep, though I think I’m old at my not so youthful age, I’m not looking forward to driving at night… Oh well! Life happens, though it would be nice to just keep it here, and just adjust times for everything else. The last few years, losing that hour of sleep in the spring really takes a toll on me, and takes me 3 or 4 days to fully recover. What am I to do the rest of the year? Well, do what I can to make it through the holidays… and for a fuller update on the other things I am working on, aside from being a musician for 2 groups and an advocate for BeLEAF Survivors Inc., feel free to ask to join my extremely private group, Feral Humans Anonymously – where I’m encouraging all of us who are not fully domesticated to brag about their misbehavior for a good cause, get support, advice, encouragement for things that are going on, etc. For me, it’s about the biggest project I’m taking on… I don’t have a lot of “help”, and it would be helpful if I had Minions who could go for the ride with me, but… often, the situation is what it is. I may not be the healthiest person, physically, but I AM a natural advocate with tenacity.

I will leave you with this: Beethoven’s Grosse Fuge in B-flat major – Op. 133The Allegro movement makes for a nice autumn/Halloween theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment