Sunday, October 23, 2022

Weekly Writing 32: Spooky

Weekly Writer’s Group on Facebook HERE

Blog topic parameters Over Here

Subtopic 1: Mention carving pumpkins
Subtopic 2: What is your favorite spooky song?

Purple Shade

I like the Spooky, creepy, spine-chilling, etc. Halloween is the best part of autumn. I didn’t do much with carving pumpkins, since I’m letting the critters add the bewilderment of chewing up the stuff. Mine always end up looking more cute than anything, so we will let nature add the thrills. Below, a pumpkin pie recipe utilizing fresh pie pumpkins.

My front porch

I think my favorite spooky song remains Thriller by Michal Jackson. I didn’t really get into a lot of his music, I mean, I like a lot, but not necessarily love them.

Pumpkin Pie recipe:

  • 1 pie pumpkin, sliced, seeds/strings removed
  • 9-12 eggs, lightly beaten (9 if the pulp comes to about 48 oz, 12 if more like 64)
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 1 quart half & half (or mix of that & heavy whipping cream)
  • 8 TBS cinnamon
  • 1 TBS ginger
  • 1 tsp each, ground cloves & nutmeg

Mix well with a whisk. Fills 4 pie crusts (if 48 oz pumpkin, regular, if more like 64, deep dish). The pie filling will be more like a custard in texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment