Sunday, July 30, 2023

Blogophilia 5.15: What to do With Nosy Neighbors

Blogophilia Facebook page HERE

Blog topic parameters Right Here

How it all works Over Here

Hard Bonus: Mention a weird food that people don’t usually eat

Easy Bonus: 
Incorporate the phrase “by candlelight”

House Haunt Break-In

I’m not sure I know What To Do With Nosey Neighbors at all. I’m not sure if I used to qualify as a nosey neighbor or not when I used to have lovely front porches to sit out on. For the last 4 years, I’ve lived in a house where we have a back pad, and I miss the days where I’d sit out on my porch to take in the fresh air and drink my coffee, tea, or lemonade while watching traffic, waving at neighbors, and contemplating the bigger things in life that may or may not seem trivial to other people. I never cared to get into the gossip, though.

I guess I’m lucky, I’ve never had a creepy neighbor break through the window to come to eat nabemono (because I’ve never made it) by candlelight. Nabemono is a Japanese hotpot that can be made for one or two, or for a larger group. It’s a similar concept to sukiyaki, which is normally cooked on the table in an electric skillet. Maybe I should make it, since I can use up veggies I have sitting around, that need to be used in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment