Sunday, August 6, 2023

Blogophilia 6.15: Country Charm

Blogophilia Facebook group HERE

Blog topic parameters Right Here

How Blogophilia works Over Here

Hard Bonus: Include a Loretta Lynn lyric

Easy Bonus: 
Incorporate mountain air

Double Header

Growing up in Tokyo, falling asleep to the sound of steady traffic, I had difficulty adjusting when I first came to Wisconsin where my grandparents lived out in the county… The sound of the crickets was practically deafening, and they were 5x bigger than what was in a big city. I had mixed feelings about The Country Charm. No parks, playgrounds, corner stores… but there was a Back 40, a summer garden, fresh air… I guess I appreciate it more now as an adult than when I was an 8-year-old trying to adjust to the cultural differences on multiple levels.

We are upon the last two summer gigs for the Racine Concert Band, performing tonight, 8/6/23 & the finale on 8/13/23 at the Racine Zoo at 7pm. The main gates are closed up, please use the Walton Avenue entrance. While mountain air is crisp & refreshing even on Mt. Fuji, you can enjoy the lake breeze off of our Great Lake Michigan right behind the bandshell.

I’m glad to be able to perform with two different groups. While I never intended on a career in healthcare, I like my coworkers & supervisor at the nursing home where I work. They’re good people.

Loretta Lynn, “The Blues Ain’t Working On Me”, Still Country album 2000

There’s a new expression on my face I ain’t seen in quite a while
Must be a smile
There’s a new direction in my life and I can’t wait to see
Where it takes me
I’m no longer lost in the past,
Even my troubles just roll off my back

No comments:

Post a Comment