Sunday, August 13, 2023

Blogophilia 7.15: WRITER’S CHOICE unusual toys!!

Ecrit’s Blogophilia on Facebook HERE

Blog topic parameters Right Here

How Blogophilia works, Over Here

Hard Bonus: WRITER’S CHOICE – unusual pets

Easy Bonus: 
WRITER’S CHOICE – unusual hobbies

Where’s my frog?

I must say, I always thought it was strange to see other kids playing with baby dolls & Barbies. As a young child, I liked frogs, even the toy in my great-grandmother’s cedar chest. Even getting older, I liked grasshoppers, dragonflies, frogs, etc. My other favorites were train sets and kites, which were unusual toys for girls. Well, in Japan, kites were universal, but here, not so much.

When I was in 6th grade (still elementary school back then), my school was doing a live musical of Oliver Twist. They encouraged all of the students to take part, even if it was just as an “extra”. I wanted to be an instrumentalist in the pit, so I started off doing arts & crafts while I waited to hear back from them, and never got the chance to play but I did learn how to finger crochet & using an empty sewing thread spool crochet. I wish I would have kept up on the finger crochet, I was actually pretty good at it back then, even though I couldn’t do it the regular way.

My son used to have fire-belly toads, which unfortunately “croaked” (sorry, bad pun) and now he has 4 bullfrog tadpoles, which we’re hoping will make into adulthood. It’ll be cool.

Anyway, gotta get ready for the final summer gig for the Racine Concert Band this evening at the Racine Zoo – 7pm. The fall, winter & spring concert lineup is as follows:

Tuesday, October 24, 2023, with Walden High School at 7pm at 1901 – 12th Street, Racine, WI 53403

Tuesday, December 5, 2023, with Washington Park High School at 7pm at Park (above address).

Tuesday, February 27, 2024, with J. I. Case High School at 7pm at 7345 Washington Avenue, Racine, WI 53406

Thursday, May 23, 2024, with William Horlick High School at 7pm at 2119 Rapids Drive, Racine WI 53404

Hope to see you at these, at least once!

No comments:

Post a Comment