Sunday, April 7, 2024

Blogophilia 41.15: The First Morning Cup

Blogophilia Facebook group HERE

Blog topic parameters Over Here

Hard Bonus: Incorporate a lyric by Van Morrison

Easy Bonus: Mention wizard potions

I’m no princess, I drink bug juice!

The First Morning Cup technically is my citrus fruit. I need my orange or grapefruit first thing in the morning… I don’t care what anyone says about glycemic index, net carbs, whatever… This is non-negotiable, I’ve been doing citrus daily since I was big enough to eat them, and I don’t remember that far back. Then I move to whatever I have for breakfast, then after that is my dark & muddy coffee.

I’ve cut back on a lot of coffee, though I do enjoy my warm & cold beverages. I’ll switch to tea, drink lots of water, etc. while I try to eat healthy, too. It’s just so much going on with everything, it’s hard to know what’s what. Brown rice has a higher arsenic content, white rice has less fiber but still a whole grain. Both have equal carb counts, so, I’ll stick to white (less arsenic) and load the veggies up high with my stir fry. Butter is fattening, but margarine has so many emulsifiers that it’s not even food, same for fake sugar, which can cause gut problems. So, I just scale back on the real things, use honey sometimes. Cooking with raw honey takes away from the antibacterial & healthy nature of it… I’d like a Wizard’s Potion to make my favorite stuff be less bad for us.

Like Van Morrison says, “You Gotta Make It Through The World” (1977 album entitled Period of Transition):

Well let them take you for a clown
And they’re bound to bring you down
You got to make it through the world if you can
Think they’re doing you wrong
But you got here on your own
You got to make it through the world if you can
I said if you can, if you can
You got to make it through the world if you can
I said if you can (oooh), if you can (lord)
You got to make it through the world if you can

Many have taken me for a clown, and even if I feel like I’m barely doing it, I am, so… I guess I can make it through the world, even if I’m not globe trotting it, it’s time when it’s time… Jam that sax… One day, we’ll meet our blogger angels, and while that would be nice, I’m not going there one day earlier than when it’s my time. I have more to write, more music to play, more memories to create with my husband & son (and hopefully with more people).

p.s. I actually have the introduction, 1st & 2nd chapters done in my other story done. When I get a few more done, since it takes me more than a week to get them in, I’ll drop a link at a time when I’m ready. After I’m done with that one, I’m hoping to do my creative stories… I’m just trying to figure out which I should do first, and so I’m starting with the hardest one to write.

My other ones include 1) the funnier side of life, based loosely on adventures where the fictitious characters where the main character is mostly me, and the other ones will be regular ones but will represent different people throughout the story. 2) based on dreams, it’ll be disconnected, sort of, light Sci-fi feel, maybe I’m warped, but should be interesting for people who like stuff like that. 3) also on recurring dreams where I could fly by swimming in the air, and not sure if this will be a bunch of short stories or if it’ll even lift off much, not sure yet. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment