Sunday, March 31, 2024

Blogophilia 40.15: Resurrection

Blogophila group on Facebook HERE

Blog topic parameters Right Here

How it works – OVER HERE

Hard Bonus: Include a song title by Canned Heat

Easy Bonus: Incorporate an angel

The Door Has Opened!

Sometimes, I wish my health could have a Resurrection. I’m not a Christian, but, many have mentioned that I “do the Lord’s work”. I’m not sure if I actually get that, but maybe I don’t need to, I’ll just keep being me…

When I used to work at a group home for developmentally disabled adults and those with brain injuries, one of the residents decided to call me AngeLika. It was cool, since she was Latina, and decided to give me a twist on a Spanish name. I’m not sure if I’m angel-like, I can get pretty ornery…

The elections are coming… There is an important judicial one coming up in April 2. I feel like people are more polarized then ever, and it’s frustrating. When I used to be active in the process, it seemed as if we voted for candidates, now it feels like we’re voting for parties, and I don’t like it… Maybe we the people need a Star Trek inspired Insurrection, because just like in the words of Canned Heat in Down In The Gutter, But Free (from the 1969 “Alleluia” album)

Come on, everybody
Just lay back, chillen, and you too
I mean you too arise
You too can be free

No comments:

Post a Comment