Sunday, November 20, 2022

Blogophilia 21.14 Topic: Thank you

Blogophilia Facebook group HERE

Blog topic parameters Over Here

How Blogophilia works Right Here

Hard Bonus: Give thanks about something or someone that has meant so much to you this past year

Easy Bonus: 
Mention your favorite type of pie

Martian Thanksgiving Invasion

At this moment, it’s a bittersweet time. October 2011 I’d started a gig with a nonprofit that offers housing. I had a vision. And after going through decades of not finding my professional zone, I was content in landing this. In hopes of developing a professional relationship with the tenants, I started with those who were in the units attached to the building. When winter hit, and I didn’t have anyone reliable to help with snow removal for that property, one of the guys stepped up. I was grateful.

During the next few months, he’d work on the freezing load of $&!% – only wanting to be able to warm up in the office with some hot coffee. The visits started with just a half hour or so during snow times, which turned into daily visits, which could last at least a couple of hours. As far as “work” went, I was being undermined by others, so, these ‘interruptions’ were definitely welcome as a part of my day. Essentially, he became my work husband, with the various items he’d get done for me, until other things happened to put a kibosh on a perfectly good working relationship.

Eventually, we’d eat lunch together, and I even got to share some of my home baked apple pie with him. I’ve learned not to expect normal from life, and while we may have been unlikely friends, we became really close. At the end of October, I became laid off, the beginning of November, he took an out of state transfer. I’m glad for him, it was a needed move on his part. So, on one hand, I’m grieving the loss of my job, I know that I’d be half waiting for him to come in if I was still working, just to remember that he won’t. This guy is my maintenance guy, my friend, my work husband, and forever My Jimmy.

I’m raising my favorite tea cup with my green tea, as a Thank You to my fellow blogophiliacs. I appreciate the reactions, comments, reads, and so much more. We are a community for sure!

Tea Time!

2 comments: