Sunday, November 20, 2022

Weekly Writer's Group 36: A Time of Giving

Weekly Writer’s Group on Facebook

Blog topic parameters on WordPress

Subtopic 1: Mention ham or turkey
Subtopic 2: Mention something you’re grateful for
Bonus Subtopic 3: Mention Black Friday

Holiday Feast Time!

Thanksgiving seems to be the official holiday to kick off A Time of Giving. Especially in the northern hemisphere when things get really cold over the winter, the greatest needs are rising at this point. I hope it continues throughout the year, though, even if we’re trying to make the holidays count, which is also necessary, we have a lot of needs that need to be met by the people.

It seems as if the main celebrations that happen from Thanksgiving kicking off winter holidays to Easter ending them, that in the USA, turkey or ham are the staples of the main entrees. Thanksgiving turkey, Christmas ham or turkey, Easter ham… In Japan, people pre-order KFC 5-6 months in advance… Nuts, I tell you! Yet it seems as if in Italian households, it’s normal to do lasagna or stuffed shells, Mexican households might do tamales or something? I’ve done Puerto Rican, Italian, and even Japanese food… This year, my son is making empanadas.

I’m kind of hard on my husband & son, but I am really grateful for them. I really am. It’s getting difficult to know what to give them as gifts for the holidays, especially since I boycott Black Friday – those crowds really get to me. So, it makes me also grateful for summer sun & coffee to sit back & enjoy!

Here is toasting fellow bloggers who inspire me to write weekly, and to the organizers who make this able to happen tirelessly, even when there’s so much going on! I appreciate you all.

Java Flava

No comments:

Post a Comment