Sunday, November 27, 2022

Weekly Writer's Group 37: Light A Candle

Weekly Writer’s Group on Facebook

Blog topic parameters on WordPress

Subtopic: Mention Cyber Monday

Candle Light

*sigh* I’m still feeling melancholy & discombobulated. I’m keeping busy with chasing papers, organizing, reorganizing, trying to get my bearings straight…

At the job I had for a little over a year, I’d Light A Candle, usually a scented one at my station. Not only did it give off a nice aroma. I rarely had anything that would be complicated, since I prefer the single scents like sandalwood, coconut, etc. because the blended ones are too complicated for my nose. It reminds me of when my husband would come with breakfast or when my maintenance guy would sit with me at lunch, and we’d have a candlelit meal together… I guess I’ll have to figure out a way to move on, and keep doing me as best I can.

For everyone reading, just know that I see your glow, whether it’s a candlelight or a bon fire or anything in between, and I appreciate all of you! How was your Thanksgiving? Mine was good. I used to like to gather around everyone to have bigger events, but, these days, I prefer the cozier gatherings. Holiday shopping stresses me out, so maybe I’ll get my shopping done for Cyber Monday.

Maybe for the upcoming holidays, I’ll reinstate my annual “Untraditional Traditions Potluck”. Everyone has a unique tradition, it seems, whether it’s a long standing one that ran throughout your family lines, or you started your own, and I’d host a dinner party where people brought their thing. It was fun. For now, stay warm, be safe, and I bid you happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment